8: "Wasn't a date"

Yeji's POV

"Have you seen the latest paper?"

"Not yet, why?" I asked her back.

"Students have been talking about a poem written in there,"

"And?"

I swear Chaeryeong is killing me with the suspense.

"It's a poem for you,"

I glanced at her direction.

"And it's 'anonymous' so yeah,"

"Is it a bad poem about me-" she shook her head while chuckling.

That's a relief then. And now I'm interested to see it.

"Well I guess I'll have to get one copy of our school paper this month!"

We are headed towards the library to pass time and to review for our next subject's quiz.

"Anyway, do you think the one who wrote that poem is in the team? or just a student admiring you?" she then asked me.

"I haven't seen it yet so we won't know- you know 'bout the construction of words in there," I told her as she nodded to agree.

"THERE YOU ARE," a panting Yeonjun is standing in front of us.

He's still wearing his jersey and is sweaty. He then smiled at us and sat beside me. I raised an eyebrow to ask why he's here and so he spoke,

"Let's go out for dinner later,"

I heard Chaeryeong scoffed and even Yeonjun looked at her reaction. Ah this girl.

"Why?"

"I got to tell you things, Yeji." he sounded serious. I gulped when I thought of what happened to us before.

"And I'm flying to Japan, I'll be gone for a week-"

"Whoa, don't die!" we both looked at Chaeryeong who seemed surprised as well with what she said.

"Dude! He's saying like it's so important and that he'll never get the chance again?" she said. She has a point, and of course even I doesn't want Yeonjun gone...

Yeonjun laughed.

"What's funny?" I told him.

"I'm really just inviting you to dinner, Yeji. Plus it's good luck for our match," he then winked at me.

"And I'm serious I want to talk about us."

--+--

"You sure you don't want us to come with you?" Lia said.

Chaeryeong and I told Lia and Karina about Yeonjun's invitation. They had mixed opinions about me wanting to get the answers from him. But I know, i should choose what will give my mind peace.

"I'll be fine girls," I reassured them.

We did a group hug. We pulled away when Karina's phone rang and i accidentally saw who was calling her. It's Ryujin.

"Yes,"

"Alright, thank you."

"I'll see you tomorrow,"

"Dude what's with you and Ryujin?" Chaeryeong suddenly asked and I can't help but to feel nervous of what will Karina say.

"She's a friend?" there's a hint of confusion and sarcasm in her answer.