6: Gray

Yeji's POV

"Dude!"

"AH!"

I held on to my chest and gave Karina a glare. She shouted on my ear and even tapped my arm.

"It's your turn," she's referring to the shot glass.

We've been drinking for almost an hour while watching a movie. And eating pizza.

"Are you okay?" she worriedly asked. I slowly nod my head.

"Yeah, maybe I'm just getting tipsy,"

FLASHBACK

"What?"

She slowly approached me staring directly at my eyes. I gulped when she stopped only a few inches away from my face. The smell of smoke coming out from her mouth made me step back.

I looked at the ground to see the cigarette that hasn't been used up to half. She threw it when she saw me. Is she going to smoke that all out if she didn't?

"It's getting late, why are you still outside?" she spoke again.

"I'm going to Karina's," I can't help but be nervous talking to her. And i shouldn't, most of the time they're the ones nervous to talk to me.

"Oh,"

She put both her hands on her pocket and inhaled deeply. Yeah, it's a cold night. There isn't any stars visible from the sky. If it's in the afternoon the sky would be gray, like Ryujin's hair. Like how she seems to see the world.

I haven't realized I've been staring at her the whole time until the guy from the cashier went to her.

"Someone's calling on your phone, Yuna-" he said. He then realized he shouldn't have snooped on her phone.

She just went inside without any word. The guy just awkwardly smiled at me again and so I decided to leave the place.

Yuna? Ah, must be a relative. A girlfriend maybe?

"Hwang Yejiiiiii~"

"Yes?" i panicked, again.

My mind was occupied by the encounter earlier. I took a deep breath to get if all off and focus here. I think Karina just told me a whole lot story and I didn't even get to listen. I feel bad.

-+-

Karina let me stay for the night. I'll just take the cab tomorrow morning since my class starts at 1 pm.

"Yeji,"

"Hmm?"

I felt her turned the other side, facing me so I did the same too. We're sharing her bed.

"I think I like someone," she smiled.

Now that's intriguing.

"Go on."

"No, it's a secret for now until I'm not sure of what I'm feeling," she chuckled.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! DUDE YOU JUST OPENED IT UP AND NOW IT'S A SECRET?!" i ranted making her laugh.

"And now you could never sleep thinking about it," she teased.

"I'm kidding, and i swear I'll tell once it's clear." she tapped my arm.

"Good night,"

"Fine. Good night," i replied.

Both of our backs are facing each other, quietness starting to fill the room. Only the sound of the aircon is heard.