□Chapter Sixteen□

Shun: let's make it happen then
□□□

As Shun woke up he checked the time: 6:27. A grown feel out of the boy's lips as he turned himself over, wishing that he could fall back to sleep.

As minutes passed and music played softly into Shun ears: he laid awake. He gave up on falling back to sleep and just listened to the lyrics fall on his ears.

And everyday I wake up and hear the pounding drum of failure in my head. Am I really doing nothing?

The song played and each time it repeated: Shun listening to more of the lyrics.

You cannot isolate me past the walls that I have built, so send your condolence cards: Thinking I've been held against my will. It's better you believing I'm fighting for some greater good, I know.

After the song started getting old Shun made his way from the final shot at the love of his life: sleep. His alarm started beeping as he finsihed putting his school uniform.

Should I make breakfast or wake Toki up first? I'll make breakfast.

Shun made his way downstairs and grabbed some eggs. Making eggs was fast and easy, therefore Shun always made eggs when he felt off.

<->

Shun sat in his literature class. The teacher went on and on about memoirs. Memoirs are Shun's least favorite form of writing; he hates talking about himself. He'll read a memoir and love every line yet if it was his: he would vomit.

The worst part about memoirs for Shun was the fact that people would've loved what he could write about. People find Shun's brain interesting but only if it's struggling.

After the teacher finished her talking: everyone started a memoir. It was about a girl who wanted to help her sister with a depressive episodes. They answered a couple questions but the back is the thing that caught Shun off guard.

Write a short memoir about a way you or a family member have struggled.

Shun re-read the instructions at least five times. He knew the words wouldn't change but he truly hoped they would. The only thing Shun mangled to write was:

I don't struggle.

Shun huffed and bit his inner lip in hopes he wouldn't have to explain. He can write, he could write this memoir but no one here deserves to read it. No one deserves to know his story, in any way.

Shun is fully aware he should talk to his peers, and make friends. No way in hell will Shun make friends with more than 2 people. He felt he was slightly better then them; Shun was secretly full of pride. The only peer he would consider letting into his world was the purple haired boy next to him.

<->

The two boys sat outside, under a tree in the school yard as they ate lunch.

"You know," Aren started, resting his head on a tree. "I kept wondering what your memory thing was about."
"I didn't write one," Shun answered.
Aren sighed, "why not?"
"I had so much I could write about, yet none of them is a story I would like to tell. Well, tell a teacher," Shun explained.
"That's reasonable," Aren nodded. "I would love to hear your stories."
Shun nodded with a smile,"I would love to learn about the world you live in too."

The two went back to their lunches with the same soft smiles. Being around each other mades something pull of the tips of their mouth slightly.

<->

Shun put on the helmet that his purple haired buddy threw his detection. As soon as Shub finsihed the two got on the bike and zoomed off. Shun's hands found it's way onto Aren's torso, wrapping the other boy into a tight hug. The smile of pure joy never falled to appear on this motorcycle.

The two arrived to the purple haired boy's house. Shun followed Aren as they walked in; his mother was walking out at the same time.

"Is this Kaidou?" she asked with a smirk.
Aren nodded, "why are you even asking?"
"It's nice to meet you," Shun started, holding out his hand. "I'm Kaidou Shun."
"Likewise. I'm Aren's mother," she shook Shun's hand. "Your father will be home soon but I have to get going."

She gave another quick smile before running off into her car. Aren's mother sped off as Aren took Shun's wrist, slightly dragging him inside.

"Shun," Aren started."... are you scared of being in a relationship?"
Shun froze a little,"I never thought I needed anyone before, so yeah. I'm a little bit scared. Why?"

Aren let go of Shun's wrist and looked at him with a sigh. A little bit of shock could be seen in slightly tall boy's eyes.

"No reason in particular," Aren gave an awkward chuckle. "Wanna go to my room?"
Shun sighed smiling once more, "Sure."

The two walked and once they arrived Aren held the door for Shun.

"Ladies first," Aren joked.
Shun frowned, "such a gentleman."
"All pretty ladies need a gentleman," Aren smiled, walking into his room.
Shun smirked back, "where's the gentleman for you? All pretty ladies need one after all."
Aren pointed to the mirror across the room, "he's in there. See."

The two laughed at Aren's reflection in the mirror. They sat down on Aren's bed and talked about watching something. After they agreed and turned on a movie Shun pulled out his notes app and started typing.

I like you. Out of everyone I want to need you.

He handed the phone to Aren and he read it. He read it again. Soon he started typing.

Shun sat on the bed, watching Aren type from the corner of his eye.

"Here's your phone back," Aren said with a smile.
Shun nodded, "thank you."

He grabbed the phone and took a breath before looking at what Aren wrote.

Shun...