□Chapter Nineteen□

I like Kuboyusa Aren. Romantically.
□□□

After the short kiss, loud thoughts took over Shun's head. What if's filled his brain like roaches scurrying around.

I won't get hurt if I never date anyone but I'll still hurt if I don't keep him around. It's a lose/lose situation, right? What if he never leaves?! What if I'm the one who hurts him?

"God f*ck," Shun whispered.
Aren chuckled, "how about we get breakfast?"
"Do you want me to make something? I feel like cooking," Shun smiled to himself.
"As long as you want to," Aren nodded.

Shun ran a bit but Aren slowly made his way downstairs.

"Are you normally energetic in the morning?" Aren asked.
Shun laughed as he opened the fridge, "How do you like your eggs? I normally make eggs for breakfast."
"Umm, I'll eat whatever you make," Aren smiled but in truth, he's just indecisive.

Shun smiled as he grabbed the eggs he saw. He set them on the counter next to the stove. Shun turned his head to Aren and rubbed the back of his neck, "where do you keep the pans?"
"I'm a pan," Aren smirked. "I'm kidding; it's right below where you get the eggs."

Shun grabbed the pan he found best suited for his cooking. He felt Aren's eyes on him as Shun made food but soon the feeling went away.

<->

The two ate food in silence so Shun heard the soft beep of his phone. He received a text.

Birthgiver <3: did you die last night?
Shun: yupp, sorry mom
Birthgiver <3: darn.
Birthgiver <3: I was wondering if you would like me to pick you up or if are you getting a ride.

"My mom was wondering if I had a ride or if she should pick me up," Shun informed.
Aren smiled, "it's up to you. I'm cool with whatever."
"Okay," Shun started. "Motorcycles are cool so I'll ride with you."
"Got it! Do you have a curfew?" Aren asked.

Shun: Kuboyasu will give me a ride. What time do you want me home?
Birthgiver <3: as long as you still have time to do homework
Shun: got it. Does Toki need help with homework?
Birthgiver <3: maybe a bit. It shouldn't be anything I can't help with.
Birthgiver <3: you're allowed to be a teenager. Just because you're not a child anymore doesn't mean you have to be an adult yet. Have fun!
Shun: okay... drugs I go?
Birthgiver <3: I take it back
Shun: I'll be back before 15:00.

"I told her that I'll be back sometime before 15:00 (3:00 pm)," Shun smiled.

Aren nodded as he took another bite of the wonderfully made food in front of him.

Shun smiled, "these eggs fed me and my ego. Thanks, Shun."
"It is delicious," Aren smiled. "Thank you."

Shun's smile grew a lot bigger and his eyes had a sparkle. When people appreciated Shun's food it brought the best feeling in the world; any other type of appreciation annoys Shun.

<->

The two spent the rest of the time watching TV and goofing around. Soon 13:00 rolled around and they decided to go back to Shun's house.

The ride on the motorcycle seemed the same as before but the peaceful atmosphere when up a lot more. The ride felt like it freed both of them like they were the main characters of their own story.

Toki ran out of the door as soon as he heard Aren's vehicle. He yelled to Sora that their brother was home. Excitement filled Toki, you could see that in his eyes.

Aren soon dashed off but waved almost a million times. Shun watched the boy drive away as Toki pulled on his older brother's arm.

As soon as the boys made it inside they saw Sora sitting on the table.

"Let's have a family afternoon," Sora smiled. "I'm mad I haven't been as around so let's fix that!"
Toki nodded, "Picture Apples to Apples! I'll get mom from downstairs!"

Toki ran downstairs and ran back up with their mother. Shun smiled at the others who ran to the living room. They sat at the table in the center of the room as the oldest went to the game shelf. He grabbed the red box with green cartoon apples on it. Shun passes around seven picture cards around the table.

<->

They played two rounds of Apples to Apples (Sora won the first one and Ms. Kaidou won the second). Soon they went and grabbed Sorry.

Everyone enjoyed themselves more then they thought they would.

<->

After a game of Sorry they all sat to watch a movie: Shun's pick. Shun always loved movies from other countries so there was many options. A Monster in Paris was the movie he ended up chosing.

Half way through the movie Toki and Sora drifted off to sleep on each other. It left Shun and his mother snuggled, under the fluffy blanket, on the floor. Ms. Kaidou's hand brushed through her son's hair, a habit she picked up at a young age.

They watched the movie until the end, then they put blanket on the two asleep.

"Shun," his mother started. "I'll make some tea and we'll talk."