□Chapter Twenty-Five□

It felt as if they didn't get the exact same thoughts, they can still understand the other.
□□□

Right after they finished eating Shun stood up.

"I need to check on something. I'll be back," Shun informed before walking to the counter.

Kuboyasu nodded to show he understood.

The same person stood at the counter with the commercial smile, "can I help you?"
"By chance what age do you have to be to work here?" Shun asked, hoping he is able.
"16 for register," they responded. "We are actually looking for more people to help out around here."
Shun smiled with surprise, "may I get an application?"
"Sure," they nodded back. "I'll give you two copies in case something happens."

The worker walked into another room behind the counter. You could tell they had a bounce in their step. Shun smiled happily over to Aren as he walked over.

"Are you applying here?" The purple haired man asked.
"Mhmm!"
Aren smiled back, "this place suits you. You'll do great."

The person behind the counter rushed back to the two. They handed Shun the two copies of the application form with excitement.

"Hopefully, you'll get it," they encourage.

The three say goodbye before two of them walk away. Joy filled Shun oxygen as his stepped filled with jumps.

<->

Shun waved goodbye to the purple haired boy before closing the door. As soon as he started taking off his shoes, Toki ran up to him.

"Guess what!" The little boy yelled.
Shun frowned, "hmm... you saved the world again?!"
"Nope!" Toki laughed. "Sora got into your school's choir! They're going to preform for the closing ceremony!"
"Really?!" Shun smiled again. "SORA IS THAT TRUE?!"
Sora ran downstairs, "is what true?"
"That you got into the choir! I'm so happy you started singing again!" Shun praised.
Sora nodded, "I mean they asked me to help."
"Have you told mom yet?!" Shun asked running to the living room.
Sora sighed, "she's not home yet, but I called her."
Shun ran over to his sister, "may I hug you?"
"Sure?" Sora chuckled.

<->

Ms. Kaidou arrived home to Shun sitting at the kitchen table. He was filling out paperwork, well listening to music.

"Everyone else ate," Shun started. "You're food's right there."
Ms. Kaidou nodded before sitting down, "what are you working on?"
"I'm applying for a job," Shun informed.
Ms. Kaidou froze a bit, "why?"
Shun bit his lip a tiny bit, "I don't want you to worry as much. I've been looking out for one since I was younger."
"Shun," Ms. Kaidou smiled, grabbing Shun's hand. "You don't have to worry. I work a good job and I'm able to pay the bills."
"Just in case something happens," Shun sighed. "Plus some extra cash would be better."
"I won't use your money," his mother informed. "Good luck on this job."

Shun went back to the application, as his mother started eating. They sat in silence; they both knowing what the other was thinking.

-Lampblanket-
Sorry for taking a while for a short chapter. I've been busy with a lot, and been dealing with the BigSad TM.
Thank you all for reading this story. I'll update (a longer chapter) soon. Pinky promise. ʕ·̀ω·́ʔ