𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

➶

"I don't get it, it's not like he has the freaking flu." Ivanna threw a wrench down onto the working table as she stood there with her back turned to Jacob and Bella.

"Sam is just being his usual dick self. Nothing new." He titled his head in annoyance before finishing the last touches on the bike he was fixing for Bella.

"From the sounds of it, I already don't like this guy." Bella shrugged her shoulders with her hands in her pocket.

"Can't say any of us do." Jake mumbled standing up from the small plastic stool he was sitting on.

Ivanna noticed he was finally done and sighed in relief, "Finally, I've been waiting for like hours now for you to be done."

Jacob scoffed with a smile, "Yeah, right. Wanna help me load these up?"

She raised her hand to her throat, "I'm actually quite parched, I think I'm going to grab us some drinks for the road." She quickly walked out of the garage and towards the house. She really just didn't want to help him load up the bikes considering they were too heavy for her to lift, but he has it under control she thought to herself with a smile.

"Billy!" She called out in a sing song voice as she opened the front door to the red house and walked in the entryway towards the kitchen.

"You just missed him a few minutes ago, he left with Charlie." A voice she recognized spoke as she turned the corner.

"Right." She eyed Sam up and down, still upset at how he wouldn't let her see Embry. "I just came here for something to drink." She kept it short as she grabbed a few water bottles out of the fridge.

"I'm sorry about earlier." He stood up from the kitchen table to walk towards her.

"Sure you are." She remarked back bitterly as she turned to face him, "I heard how you think you run things around here, but you're not going to tell me what I can and can't do. Especially when it comes to my friend."

"That wasn't my intention Ivanna, I'm just trying to look out for you."

She looked at him in confusion, not understanding why he would care so much to look out for her of getting sick, "Okay. I forgive you." It wasn't going to be that easy though.

Sam felt relief at her words, "On one condition." His mood immediately dropped back down again.

"What is it?" He forced himself to ask, nervous of what she might say.