𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕

➶

"So, when do you think you can start?" The lady behind the desk asked as she approved of Ivanna's resume and how well the interview went.

"Anytime you'd like, I'm even available for today if you need extra help." She smiled at the older lady.

Ivanna applied to work at the small local store that Embry put in a word for her at since the owner was close family to him, plus he thought it'd be nice if she worked closer to the reservation. She only was able to talk to him through text occasionally since he was so busy the past few days after the incident at the cliff.

"Embry was right, you're such a sweetheart. You can come back tomorrow though in the morning, get some rest for today." The old lady, Ms. Nova, smiled and patted her arm as she walked past her towards the back of the store.

It was a small old looking store that had dark walnut wooden shelves that were along the walls, with the occasional coolers for the perishable products. There were only about five rows of items in total, not leaving much to choice from.

"Yo, Ivanna!" She turned around at the voice to see Embry walking in towards her, followed by Paul.

"Such a nice way to gain a lady's attention." She teased as she wrapped an arm around him to return his hug.

"Hey you're coming to the rez tonight, right?" He nodded his head at her but she didn't understand what he meant at first until it clicked that tonight was the night Sam was supposed to pick her up for the bonfire.

"Uhm, I don't know. I was invited by Sam, but after the other day I don't think the invite still stands.

"Please," the moody boy scoffed and rolled his eyes as he picked up a bag of chips, "Sam has been moping around since he yelled at you. He wants you to come." Paul intervened in the conversation, tired of having to hear their feelings about each other when Sam hasn't even told her that he imprinted on her and what it meant.

"Well maybe he should apologize then."

"You're right." A gruff voice replied from behind her. She turned around to face the taller man, who stood there with guilt on his face. "I'm sorry for the way I reacted and I hope you'll come tonight. If not to hangout around me than at least to get something to eat, hear some stories and meet Jared."

She admired how he was so quick to apologize and admit his mistake unlike most people, so she took his offer into consideration, "All is forgiven." She held her hand out to him to shake and he smiled, grasping her small hand in his and lightly shaking it to seal the deal. Ivanna pulled him in closer and whispered so the others couldn't hear, "Although I still would like to hangout and get to know you better too."