𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

☀︎

☀︎

The inevitable, something that wasn't possible to avoid, but something you had to accept was going to happen no matter how hard you tried to change your fate. For Ivanna, she had to live with the knowledge of what her future looked like, knowing that the person who she thought she was, didn't exist. Ever since the talk with Alec she had a week ago, she kept herself locked up in her room away from everybody, ignoring the constant phone calls and messages that were sent.

She tried to get in contact with her brother Cam, but he wasn't responding which was far from usual. The two siblings would at least contact each other twice a month, and this was the second time he didn't reach out. Ivanna even tried getting a hold of Alec, but it was impossible since he wasn't the type for texts or emails.

Ivanna jumped out of bed and headed for the shower, finally getting decently dressed in clothes that didn't consist of a hoodie and sweatpants. After she got out, she threw on one of Sam's long-sleeved t-shirts and a pair of jeans to match then she grabbed her shoes before barging into Bella's room to find her on the bed with Edward, looking down at a book together.

Edward jumped away from Bella in fear that it was Charlie, but slightly relaxed when he seen that it was just Ivanna. He was too distracted for his senses to pick up that Ivanna was making her way in.

"Ives, what are you doing?" Bella asked confusedly as she sat up, surprised to see that her cousin was actually dressed and looked normal again.

"I need to talk with Carlisle, but I need a ride over there," she didn't hesitate to get to the point, wanting to put the constant voice in her head to rest.

"What? Why? Is everything okay?" Bella didn't stop asking questions, knowing that Ivanna hated going over to the Cullens, so if she was asking to speak with Carlisle then it had to be something very important.

"Uhm, yeah," Edward looked over at Bella, finding the situation odd too, but he wasn't going to press into Ivanna's mind since he knew she was against it, "I can take you over there."

"Perfect, thank you." Ivanna turned out of the room and ran down the stairs and outside to Edward's car, waiting for him.

"Oh, she means right now, like as in this exact moment?" Edward questioned Bella who gave him a shrug with a small smile.

"It's Ivanna, if she needs to do something then she doesn't want to wait."

☀︎-⋆⁺₊⋆ 𖤓 ⋆⁺₊⋆- ☀︎

"Ivanna, it's such a pleasure to see you again dear. How have you been?" Esme was the first one to greet her and Edward when they walked through the door.