𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

➶

Sam told her to stay put as he jogged to her side of the truck and opened the door for her to get out. He wanted her to think highly of him and that he was a good man, and it was working more than he knew.

Ivanna went to thank him, but stopped herself when she spotted a woman standing on his front porch, her arms crossed over her chest and an expression full of anger, "Hey, who's that?" She nodded her head towards the girl as she closed the truck door behind her.

Sam turned to see who she was talking about, and his mood instantly dropped, "That's Leah, an old friend."

"Oh, well then what are you waiting for?" Ivanna smiled and walked ahead of him to go introduce herself, if there was one thing that she loved the most it was making new friends, especially ones that weren't so rowdy like Embry and Jacob.

"Ivanna!" Sam called after her, but she ignored him, as she stood in front of the girl that had absolute hatred in her eyes

"Hey, I'm Ivanna. Leah, right?" She held her hand out for the girl with short cropped black hair to shake but she didn't accept it, just stared down at her in loathing.

"Leah, what are you doing here?" Sam directed Leah's gaze to himself, not wanting her to look at his imprint with such hatred.

Leah's eyes softened as she looked at him, "I came to talk to you, to ask for an explanation." She glanced at Ivanna for a second, "But it looks like the explanation showed itself."

Ivanna felt as if she was intruding and didn't want to be there anymore, so she made her way to the side of the porch and took a seat in one of the lawn chairs, trying to give them some privacy.

"I already told you Leah, go home." She could hear Sam's commanding voice and she was thankful she wasn't on the receiving side of it, but she also felt bad for the girl who was having to hear it directed towards her.

"Why her? I deserve an explanation, Sam!" After the man stayed quiet, not knowing how to respond, Leah ended up leaving with a scoff, stomping off in a direction away from the house.

Ivanna stood up from the chair and walked over towards Sam who was shaking in anger, she placed a hand on his shoulder to let him know she was there, "Hey, everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine." He spit out and stormed inside the house to try and put distance between him and Ivanna. He didn't want to hurt her on accident and he knew that's what would happen if he didn't find a way to cool off.

She followed after him inside the house but kept her distance as he walked into the living room, taking a seat on the couch as he placed his head in his hands.

Ivanna and him talked about bringing some extra dishes to the bonfire so she went into the kitchen to find some stuff she could whip up in the meantime while she waited on Sam to collect himself. She knew Leah was more than just an old friend, but she didn't understand why she was getting judged stares from the girl when she didn't do anything.