𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

☀︎

☀︎

"Here, I can take her Embry," Sam attempted to take Ivanna from him but Embry didn't let her go, he kept on walking.

"I already got her Sam, just go sit back and do nothing," Embry snapped at him.

"Dude! That's his girl, just let him take her," Paul stepped up to Embry, blocking his way.

That's when Sam was able to get a hold of Ivanna, helping her the rest of the way to Billy's house. She didn't think it would be a big deal if Embry took her inside, but the way he snapped at Sam made her worried, as if he was starting to lose control of his anger all of a sudden.

"You know what man; I'm getting really sick and tired of you constantly on my ass!" Embry shoved Paul back, almost making him fall to the ground from how much force he exerted.

"That's funny bro, real funny." Paul licked his teeth as he tried to maintain his anger, he was working on it and getting better, but all the work he put in was fixing to go down the drain.

"Sam, you need to go stop them," Ivanna told him, moving herself away from him so she could get inside the house by herself.

"You need to quit worrying about them all the time and worry about yourself for once, they can handle themselves." Sam opened the front door for her, leading her towards the couch and laying her down. He placed a hand to the back of her forehead, feeling that she was indeed burning up.

"I'm going to get you some water and an ice pack, I'll be right back." Sam left for a few moments while Ivanna laid there on the cool leather sofa, trying to focus on anything besides the burning she was feeling.

Ivanna's phone started to ring loudly, making her groan in annoyance before pulling the device out of her back pocket, "Hello?"

"Ivanna, I'm sorry I missed your call. Is everything okay?" Carlisle's voice came through the phone, making her sit up and walk away from the kitchen where Sam was in, not wanting him to be able to hear.

"I, I don't know Carlisle," her voice was shaky as she looked back over shoulder, the fear setting in as she knew what this sickness was linked to, "Earlier I threw up blood, and now I feel super-hot, I think it has something to do with what Alec said."

"Alright, I need you to take your temperature for me." Ivanna could tell that even Carlisle was worried and that didn't settle her nerves at all, only made them worse.

"Okay, hold on," she set the phone down and moved to the kitchen where Sam was just coming back from.

"Ivanna, you need to go lie down and get some rest, what are you doing up?" He guided her back over towards the couch, letting her sit down before handing her the glass of ice-cold water.