𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

➶

Ivanna was back at Charlies, washing up the rest of the dishes since they finished with dinner while Bella was back upstairs getting dressed to go see Edward. Sam and the others were on patrol, so he didn't want her staying by herself at the house so he decided it would be safer for her to go to her uncles.

"Hey, Ivanna?" Bella came up from behind her, making her jump in fright and almost drop the glass plate in her hand.

"Bells, don't do that," she scolded her as she finished drying the plate off and set it to the side.

The girl sheepishly smiled as she apologized, "I was wanting to ask you something."

"Ask away," Ivanna turned to face her as she leaned against the counter and crossed her arms over chest as she gave the Swan girl her full attention.

"I was fixing to head over to Edward's and I was wanting you to come with me," Bella fidgeted her hands as she nervously awaited a response.

Ivanna was silent for a moment as she got lost in thought. Usually when Bella asked for something, it always had a deeper meaning to it, such as the cliff diving incident, "What for?"

"To talk about something, something that's very important to me."

"And you can't just tell me now, so I don't have to go over there?"

"Ives, come on-" Bella started to complain, but was cut off,

"-no, you come on Bella. It's always pushing people past their limits so you can-"

"-just this one last time, I promise. You won't ever have to deal with me asking you to do this again or making you go over to the Cullen's."

"Never again?"

"Never."

Ivanna sighed as she rubbed her forehead to get rid of the headache that was forming, "Okay, let me get dressed."

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊

The car ride was silent as Bella drove her old worn-down truck to the Cullen's house. Ivanna was slightly nervous at seeing them again, especially Jasper. She didn't want to have this feeling of hatred against them, but there was no other emotion to replace it. Ivanna was finally starting to feel as if she was a part of the family with them, especially with the way Esme always cared for her and how they would cook together whenever she would come over. Then all of a sudden it was ripped away from her with no valid explanation or even a goodbye.

"Alright, we're here," Bella put the truck into park and grabbed the keys out of the ignition before climbing out and shutting the door behind her, waiting for Ivanna to get out.

She finally did after a minute, following Bella into the huge glass house since they left the door unlocked, immediately being greeted by Edward.