𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

➶

Ivanna pulled into Billy's driveway quickly shutting the truck off and making her way to the front door, knocking rapidly.

Billy answered the door with a startled expression, "Ivanna? What's going on?"

"I, I don't know. Sam told me that I needed to come here after he heard Embry. They seemed pretty anxious about something."

Billy ushered her inside and looked around to make sure there was nothing out there following. He closed the door, latching it before wheeling over towards the girl who was sitting down in one of the chairs.

"Don't be nervous, Ivanna. They can handle themselves." Billy patted her knee reassuringly with a comforting smile.

"Do you think the hunters got one of them?"

"No," Billy shook his head "majority of the hunters around here on the reservation know about them. The only one that wouldn't know, would be the police, such as your Uncle Charlie."

Ivanna nodded her head in understanding, feeling more relieved that she had some reassurance they'll be okay, "Thanks for letting me in Billy, I appreciate it."

"You're like my own, kid. You can come over anytime you want. Now, how about we watch some football to pass time?" Billy turned on the TV and Ivanna helped him get into one of the comfortable recliners, letting him lean on her.

"Do you want something to eat? I could make you lunch if you'd like." She offered, not wanting to be a nuisance to the man after she came to his home unexpected.

Billy turned away from the tv and gave her a stern look, "You look tired, how about you just take a nap on the couch over there. I'll wake you up when I hear from any of them, okay?"

She gave him a grateful smile and a nod, realizing that he knew she was just trying to distract herself from thinking and worrying, "Okay, just wake me up if you need anything."

"I won't." He chuckled and passed her a blanket that was behind him, tossing it to her with a smile.

She laid down on the couch, wrapping the colorful patterned blanket around her as she got comfortable on the worn-down leather sofa. She appreciated Billy more than he would ever know. Ever since she was a kid, she looked up to him and the way that he cared for Jacob. She wished she had a father like Billy in her life, or even like Charlie, but not everyone can be as lucky. Ivanna was just grateful enough to know them and have them in her life.

Her mind was racing as she thought about all the possibilities that could be going down out there. Did Embry get hurt? If not, then why did all the guys react that way earlier as if something was terribly wrong? She wouldn't know until Sam got back, so she just closed her eyes and eventually let sleep come to her.