𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗

☀︎

☀︎

"Embry, come on. You have to stand up." Ivanna pulled him up off of the ground, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, and her wrapping an arm around his waist. "You're burning up, we have to get you to a hospital."

"It hurts all over." He cried out, leaning his head against her shoulder, trying not to collapse on the girl.

"It's gonna be okay, Embry. I'm gonna get you back." She maneuvered her way through the woods, trying to ignore the ache in her own shoulders and arm as she mainly carried all of his weight.

She heard steps coming closer and closer, she looked to Embrys side to see a huge animal with dark grey fur, coming closer with a low growl as its eyes shifted between the girl and the boy.

She froze and whispered to him, "Embry, think you can manage to run?" she didn't want to make a move in fear that the giant wolf would mistake it as an attempt to attack.

Embry looked up from her shoulder to see the animal too, he jumped slightly in shock at it standing so close, watching them.

"You go. I'll try and distract it."

"I'm not leaving you." She clenched her jaw before deciding to grip his waist tighter making him run alongside her. It wasn't fast but at least it was closer to where she needed to get them.

That was the first day, worry coursed through her veins over the boy she became to come close with. The day she didn't know at the time when he was in the beginning phase of transitioning to join the pack.

"Okay, well can you at least push me off? Makes it less scary." Embry turned his back towards the water so he couldn't see the long drop, keeping eye contact with the girl in front of him.

Ivanna looked at him cautiously, "Embry if you pull anything, I will never cook for you ever again."

"You only cooked for me once!"

"Yeah, and it could be the last time."

Embry decided against his bad idea, "Okay, I won't." He stood up straighter as he waited for Ivanna to push him, shaking his arms out and jumping up and down to get rid of the jitters. She walked closer, placing her hands on his bare shoulders that was warm to the touch, but not like the time when he was in the woods.

"Ready?" She asked, a smile on her face as she found some joy in getting to do the honors.

"On second thought, I could miss out on a few meals." With those words Embry quickly grabbed her by the waist, pulling her into his chest and throwing himself off of the cliff with her.