𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

☀︎

☀︎

"This party looks like it's already going to suck." Jacob muttered under his breath as they walked inside the Cullen's house, still standing by the door.

"Literally." Quil commented, trying to be funny.

"Then why'd you even come? I'm sure Bella punching you was a sign she didn't want to see you." Ivanna told him, bumping into his shoulder as she went to go find her cousin.

"I think I'm enjoying this new side to Ivanna." Quil spoke with a smile as he looked at his two friends.

"Shut up, Quil." Jacob snapped before searching for the girl to see her talking with Bella. "Hey Bella!" He called after her, gaining her attention away from Ivanna.

Ivanna watched how her cousin made a face when she seen the three shapeshifters, Jacob stood in the front with Quil and Embry flanked on either side. The two of them looked terribly tense, their eyes flickering around the room like they'd just walked into a haunted crypt. Embry's trembling hand still held the door, his body half-turned to run for it.

Jacob was waving at Bella, calmer than the others, though his nose was wrinkled in disgust. Bella waved back, waved goodbye, and turned to look for Alice, bringing Ivanna with her. "Did you know he was coming?"

"No, I don't want him here as much as you do. I just invited Embry, but Jacob decided to invite himself."

"Embry, huh?" Bella asked with an eyebrow raised.

"God, you're just like your dad." Ivanna grumbled before leaving Bella to go find a drink. She walked into the kitchen to find Emmett and Rosalie standing there, talking with someone she didn't recognize.

"There she is!" Emmett broke into a big grin when he seen Ivanna walking up to them, "Damn, Ivanna you look hot!" He motioned to her outfit that she was wearing which made Rosalie have a small smile.

"I can't even be mad at him for that one, you do look hot." She agreed, wanting the girl to feel good about herself after everything she's going through. She admires Ivanna for not choosing to become a vampire, if Rosalie had a choice, she would've done the same thing Ivanna is doing. The human girl reminded her a little bit like herself.

"Thanks guys," she nervously laughed, not used to that kind of attention from them. "I just came in for a drink, I know you got something strong Emmett."

"You bet your ass I do." He grinned before walking away to go grab a bottle.

"I leave for a couple years and come back to find out that you're a drinker now?" The bleach-blonde haired man spoke up finally, a weak British accent to his tone.