𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

☀︎

☀︎

"Dad, remember the very recent discussion about my freedom?" Bella tapped her foot against the floor as she stood by Edward. Charlie grounded her because Jacob told him about the bikes and now, she has a curfew at nine-thirty, but that ended up changing.

Charlie sighed, "Right. Okay, ten-thirty. You still have a curfew on school nights."

"Bella's no longer grounded?" Edward asked. Though it was noticeable that he wasn't really surprised.

"Conditionally," Charlie corrected through his teeth. "What's it to you?"

Ivanna chuckled to herself at how her uncle was showing no mercy to Edward, I mean he had every reason not to; the man basically left his daughter in a huge depression sinkhole.

Ivanna continued to listen as she sat in her spot at the kitchen table with her feet propped up on the chair next to her, peeling an orange as she didn't lose her smile at seeing how flustered Edward got around the other man.

"It's just good to know," Edward said, "Alice has been itching for a shopping partner, and I'm sure Bella would love to see some city lights." He smiled down at Bella.

Charlie wasn't having it though, he yelled in anger, "No!"

"Dad! What's the problem?" Bella was getting upset with the way her father was acting and Ivanna couldn't really blame her either, it would be embarrassing having your father yell at your boyfriend.

Charlie made an effort to unclench his teeth, "I don't want you going to Seattle right now. You either Ivanna."

Ivanna held her hands up in the air, "I wasn't even planning on it Uncle Charlie."

"What? Why?" Bella continued to question her father, ignoring her cousin.

"I told you about that story in the paper, there's some kind of gang on a killing spree in Seattle and I want you to steer clear, okay?"

Bella rolled her eyes, "Dad, there's a better chance that I'll get struck by lightning than that the one day I'm in Seattle-"

"-No, that's fine Charlie," Edward cut her off, "I didn't mean Seattle. I was thinking Portland, actually. I wouldn't have Bella in Seattle, either. Of course not." He had Charlie's newspaper in his hands and was reading the front page intently.

Bella and Ivanna could tell that Edward was trying to appease Charlie and it was seeming to work because he agreed, "Fine." He stalked off toward the living room to go watch the football game.

Bella and Edward started to talk about college and that's where Ivanna lost interest, taking it upon herself to go join Charlie on the couch, "So, how are you liking the boyfriend?"

Charlie took a sip of his beer and gave her a side eye look, "Don't even get me started."

"Yes, sir." Ivanna smiled teasingly as she picked up the beer that he placed onto the table and waterfalled it, making Charlie yell at her and yank the can away, making it spill onto the both of them.