𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

☀︎

☀︎

Sam finally rounded the corner, looking to see Ivanna standing near Embry. He was filled with shock, not believing that she was actually standing right in front of him.

He slowly walked closer, afraid that she would disappear, "Ives?" His eyes squinted as his voice came out hoarse.

Ivanna didn't waste a second, she ran to him and engulfed him in a hug, his large muscly arms wrapped around her tightly, never wanting to let go as he held his girl in his arms once again. This time, she was alive and looked healthy as ever.

"I thought I lost you," he broke down as everything hit him at once. When Sam left earlier, he visited all the spots that he took her, the place they met in the woods when they were helping Embry, every single place that held a memory.

"You didn't lose me. I'm right here." She whispered to him as she held his shaking body tightly in her embrace.

"But I watched it happen, I held you when you," he couldn't even finish his sentence, saying those words hurt him too much to even process again.

"Jasper saved me, he stopped the venom from spreading in time, just enough to heal me." She kept it short as she explained to him, Ivanna just wanted him to know that it was really her, the same old Ivanna.

Sam pulled away to look at her, his large hands cusping her jaw as he searched her eyes, admiring every single feature on her lively face. "I can't believe you're really here." He whispered more to himself, he felt as if he was the luckiest man alive to get another chance. This time he wasn't going to waste another second, he was going to do all the things he should've done the first time and that was guard her with his life.

Ivanna laughed softly, not knowing what else to say. She leaned forward and pressed a kiss to his lips, savoring the moment as she felt the same good vibrations she would always get when she touched him.

"Oh, what was it that you had to tell me?" Sam questioned Embry as he wrapped an arm around Ivanna's waist. He was clueless to the whole situation, too wrapped up in his own head about how he's going to spend the rest of the day with Ivanna.

Embry glanced over at Ivanna who gave him a shake of her head and a warning glare, "I don't even remember man," he laughed it off with a wave of his hand, "Jared's waiting outside to take me home though, so you two enjoy your time together."

With that the boy left and Sam didn't question another word, instead he turned to pick Ivanna up, her legs wrapping around his waist and her arms around his neck, "You're wild," she laughed as she looked down into his eyes.