𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟕

☀︎

☀︎

Ivanna writhed in the grip of the fiery torture, the movement making the flare of pain in her ribs sickening. "Sam!" She screamed out as she opened her eyes, desperate to find his face. She finally found him. Now, she could see his perfect face, staring at her, twisted into a mask of indecision and pain.

"I'm right here Ives, I'm here." Sam held a hand to her head as tears burned his eyes. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Please make it stop," She cried out, wanting anything to not feel the pain anymore.

"Ivanna, I can help you," Jasper spoke up as he softly gripped her arm, "I can take the pain away." Ivanna turned her head away from Sam to look at the man she used to cherish.

"Please."

Jasper raised her arm to his mouth, but Sam stopped him, anger overcoming him as he thought he was taking advantage of Ivanna's weak state.

"It's the only thing that will help her!"

"She'll die if she doesn't turn!" Sam yelled, not caring if Ivanna became a vampire because he would love her either way, no matter if it was in his nature to hate them.

"It's okay Sam, it's okay." Ivanna tried to console him the best that she could, even when she was in an immense amount of pain, that's just the person she was.

Sam wanted to argue with her, but he knew he wasn't going to win so he fell onto his knees and laid his head on her stomach, crying as he knew there was nothing he could do that would stop this. If only he had been quicker is what he kept thinking to himself, if only he didn't let her leave to go talk to that young newborn vampire.

Ivanna placed her other hand on Sam's head, as she looked at Jasper, giving him the go-ahead signal with her eyes.

Jasper's own eyes glistened with tears as he brought her arm to his mouth, clasping down. At first the pain was worse, Ivanna screamed and thrashed at the hands that held her in place. She heard Alice's voice, trying to calm her down. Slowly Ivanna's writhing calmed down as her arm grew more and more numb. The fire was dulling, focusing into an even smaller point.

Ivanna felt her consciousness slipping as the pain subsided, her head rolled to the side, giving her a clear sight of Embry being lifted up by the rest of the pack, taking him towards the woods and back home where Carlisle will meet them. She wanted to go with them, she wanted her and Sam to be following after them back to the house, but that wasn't in her cards. The only two options she had was to turn or to give up her life, and she chose the latter. She wasn't going to risk putting her family and friends in danger.

Jasper placed her arm back down beside her, before he moved his hands over her chest, giving her compressions as he tried to start her heart back up. He drank her blood clean to where there was no more venom in her system, but he didn't realize how much blood she already lost.