❅ | #03

_________________

_________________

HER eyes fluttered open, the hand that was placed on her shoulder being retracted. She lifted her head, blinking a few times to focus her eyes before looking around confusedly. After her brain had processed where she was, she turned her head and looked at the boy, seeing him standing up in front of her desk.

"Sorry to wake you, but detention is over and our supervisor is most definitely not very happy to have us stalling her from locking up the school.." the boy explained, as Eunhee quickly stood up and stuffed her things into her bag.

"Oh, I'm sorry.." she apologized, fumbling to get her bag over her shoulder. The boy laughed and shook his head, shaking off her apology.

"Ahh, no worries. You seemed pretty tired." He shrugged, walking alongside the flustered girl as they excited the detention room, making their way towards the exit of the school.

"I still am." She mumbled, pressing her lips together in a thin line. The boy turned his head, tilting it slightly as his eyes filled with curiosity.

"Ahh, really? May I ask why?"

"Nothing special.. just stayed up pretty late helping my friend with chemistry homework on facetime." She replied, running her fingers through her dark hair.

"Oh, that's understandable. I take it you're pretty smart then? Since you know, your friends ask for your help.." he smiled awkwardly, looking at the ground as they paced through the empty school halls.

"You could say that." She hummed, raising her brows slightly. Overall, she got good grades, having always been academically gifted. She was able to process and understand things quickly, making her learning process a bit easier.

"Ahh, if you're smart, just say that." The boy teased, rolling his eyes playfully. Eunhee snickered, shaking her head.

"To be fair, that last time I tried making a new friend I found out they just wanted answers to their math problems."

The boy quirked a brow, turning his head to look at her. "Oh, really? That's sad. Well, you don't have to worry about that with me. I don't need any help with anything." The dimpled boy smiled, throwing a lazy thumbs up in the air.

"That's nice to hear." The girl hummed, a vague smile tugging at her lips. By the time their conversation was over, they had already made it outside of the school. Saying their farewells, they both went opposite directions, beginning their walk home.

______

Sitting at the food court of a mall, the girl sat in-between Minji and Danielle, the other three girls sitting opposite to them. To Eunhee, most of the conversation the five girls were having was muffled, due to being lost in her own thoughts.

"Eunhee, you're really quiet." Hyein pointed out, looking at the older girl with a tilted head.

"She's not wrong.. what's on your mind?" Hanni quirked a brow, as Eunhee pressed her lips together in a thin line.

Although she hesitated, knowing the amount of the teasing she'd get for her upcoming words, she spoke either way due to having an unknown feeling within her, and in need of her friend's advice.

"I met someone the other day, and he seems like a nice person." She mumbled out, messing around with the milkshake on the table in front of her.

Danielle let out a small gasp, clasping her hand over her mouth dramatically. "He?!"

Eunhee nodded her head shyly, covering her ears as her friends squealed. "Hey.. people are looking at us." She frowned, earning a scoff from her friends.

"That doesn't matter right now.. what's his name!?" Minji demanded, as suddenly all attention was on Eunhee.

The girl paused, realization hitting her. Her gaze shifted downwards, a disappointed look on her face. "I don't know.."

"What? How do you not know his name?" Haerin raised her brows in surprise, earning nods in agreement from the four other girls.

"I don't know.. It just didn't come to my mind to ask for it. But, either way, it probably doesn't even matter. I won't see him again, anyways." She shrugged.

"And why is that?" Hyein tilted her head in curiosity.

"Just because. I doubt I'll run into him again.. I don't know what classes he takes, or anything about him for that matter. All I know is he goes to our school." Eunhee explained, pursing her lips together.

"Oh, come on.. don't think that way. He goes to the same school, so the likelihood of you seeing him again is very high." Danielle pointed out.

"She's right, Eun." Minji nodded her head towards the girl, who only hummed and took a sip from her milkshake.

_________

AUTHOR'S CORNER
kind of a slower and boring chapter aaa

but, happy new years! i hope 2023 is filled with happiness, and a year to make good memories <3 wishing nothing but healthiness and happiness to all of you!

let's have a good year!
january 1st, 2023 -- 4:00pm

not proofread