Ao'nung

Tsireya, Rotxo, and Ao'nung's parents were downstairs watching one of Ronal's cooking shows. Ao'nung's hair had apparently smelled too strongly of saltwater for his mother's pregnancy hormones. He had been banished to his bedroom, commanded to stay away until he showered thoroughly. Ao'nung made sure to remove his wetsuit from the shower before getting in. When he was finished, he checked his phone, pausing his music.

Jack, Leo, Oli:

(Jack) My parents are out of town
(Jack) Until wendesday
(Jack) wedsenday
(Jack) Fuck it you guys know what I meant

(Ao'nung) LMAO

(Jack) Come over

(Leo) Bet

(Oli) who else can we invite
(Oli) girls

(Ao'nung) ur a dog bro

(Oli) nung bring ur sister

(Ao'nung) ha ha 😑

(Jack) I can ask Serena to bring her friends by

(Oli) if she says yes i'm there

    Ao'nung sighed at his phone. His friends from swim used to be his favorite crowd. But, over the years, tension had built up, ending with Rotxo backing out of the friend group. Since then, their immaturity slowly became more obvious. Jack's parents were never around and he had parties nearly every weekend. Oli only seemed interested in things if there were people for him to get with. And Leo seemed to go along with whatever Jack and Oli told him to.

(Jack) Aonung are you coming?

(Ao'nung) i'll sneak out once my parents are asleep

(Oli) im serious bring ur sister

(Ao'nung) watch it

    Someone knocked on his door. "One sec," Ao'nung called, quickly dressing and tying his hair back. Rotxo and Tsireya stood outside the door. Rotxo's arms were full of small tubes and jars. Pale blue paste was smeared on his forehead and nose. "Oh no, bro, she got to you already," Ao'nung grinned. "Come do skincare with us," Tsireya commanded, smiling brightly. "...No." Ao'nung answered, going to shut the door. Tsireya pushed it back open, glaring at him. "Please," she asked, her eyebrows angry. "You don't have a choice," Rotxo whispered, eyes wide. Ao'nung smiled at him. "Okay, fine-" Tsireya grabbed his arm and yanked him out the door, nearly hitting his head on the door jam. "Damn it, Reya," he shouted. "Language!" Tonowari shouted from downstairs, voice booming. "Yes, sir," Ao'nung called, glaring at his sister. She grinned innocently at him, beckoning him to her room.

    Rotxo was put in a fluffy pink bathrobe. He acted as if he hated it, but Ao'nung knew first hand how soft and comfortable it really was. Tsireya's room had the same faded tropical flower wallpaper that it had since she was born, but there was something comforting about it. She had Christmas lights strung across the ceiling, and a warm lamp in the corner. Her windows were always open, letting in the sea breeze. Her bed was covered with countless stuffed animals, a majority of them being dolphins. They were her favorite. Floating shelves holding seashells, crystals, and plants lined the walls. Her tv hung on the wall in front of her bed. Ao'nung paused in front of her dresser, flexing his arms in the mirror. Rotxo threw a stuffed dolphin at him. "Jealous?" Ao'nung sneered, tossing it back. "Nah bro. Look at how short those pajama pants are on your legs. I can see your little baby deer ankles." Tsireya snorted, turning on her tv. "What do we want to watch?" she asked, settling onto her bed. "It's Ao'nung's turn to pick," Rotxo added, looking at him expectantly. Ao'nung grinned. "You guys are going to hate me," he began. Tsireya groaned. "Not again," she begged, rolling her eyes. "Hey! It's my turn. I want to watch the whales. We watched Space Jam when Rotxo picked. This is easily an upgrade." "Fine." Tsireya turned on Blue Planet, Ao'nung's favorite film. He grinned as Tsireya began to squeeze globs of whatever face mask she wanted to put on him onto his cheeks. "What is this? It smells like honey." "Honey doesn't have a smell, idiot," Rotxo called, standing close to the screen and looking up at it with his mouth open. "Dude, first of all, sit down, you'll hurt your eyes. Don't get Reya started on blue light. Please." Rotxo sat on the foot of Tsireya's bed. "Second, honey most certainly does have a smell." Rotxo snorted. "Does not," he argued, shaking his head. "Okay. Let's go downstairs and test it." He started to stand, but Tsireya forced him back down. "No. Let me finish," she demanded, staring into his eyes. "Mkay, fine," he mumbled, folding his arms across his chest.