Tsireya

The Sully's had left, leaving behind a small orchard of flowers and three very emotional siblings, all huddled in Tsireya's room. Ao'nung was absolutely humiliated. He kept wincing and hiding his face in his hands, groaning loudly. Rotxo was staring off into space, eyes blank, with a vacant smile on his face. Tsireya was digging through every item of clothing in her closet, trying to find something that would make her look good enough to ignore how nervous she was. "Okay," she said, turning around with a shirt clasped in each hand. "Which one?" Rotxo didn't even turn his head to look at her. Ao'nung's eyes peaked up at her through his fingers, not saying anything. She dropped her shirts on the floor in disgust. Both boy's heads shot up at the sound. "Oh, so, that you'll react to?" she said angrily, folding her arms across her chest. "Well, you're throwing shit, so," Ao'nung said, glaring at her. "What's your problem?" she asked, eyeing him. "He broke his boyfriend's nose," Rotxo whispered, grinning. "He is not my boyfriend," Ao'nung hissed, grabbing Rotxo and shoving him to the ground. Rotxo let out a shout of laughter and shoved him back. "Stop it," Tsireya shrieked, pushing Rotxo off of her brother with her foot. "You're going to break something." Ao'nung scoffed, pushing her knees in and knocking her to the floor. She hit the ground hard, knees onto hardwood. She yelped and grabbed her knees, rolling onto her back. "OW! For fuck's sake, Ao'nung," she complained loudly. Ao'nung gasped and sat her up instantly, looking at her legs with wide eyes. "I'm so sorry," he whispered softly. Reya gave him a weird look, shoving his hands off her knees. "It's fine, man," she grunted, getting to her feet. Ao'nung's face crumpled and he turned away, rubbing his face with both hands.

Rotxo and Tsireya exchanged sideways glances, both equally confused. "Hey, man, you okay?" he asked, gently rubbing Ao'nung's back. "I broke Neteyam's nose. Mama said it'll probably be crooked. He didn't talk to me after we came back downstairs." Ao'nung's face was still hidden in his hands, and his back was still to them. "He probably hates me now and I feel so stupid. And my head hurts, but I didn't say anything because he was obviously hurting worse. And I just-" "Advil?" Rotxo asked, pulling the entire bottle out of his pocket. "I- what?" Ao'nung asked, looking over his shoulder. "Advil. Want one?" Ao'nung gave him a look of disbelief. "...Sure?" "Okay." Rotxo balanced two capsules on Ao'nung's shoulder. Tsireya smiled and sat in front of Ao'nung, cross-legged. "Neteyam doesn't hate you. He probably didn't talk to you because the two of you had been alone in your room for, like, twenty minutes before coming back downstairs, and someone made Neteyam swear upon Allah not to tell anyone." Rotxo cleared his throat. "About that. Kiri definitely knows. Lo'ak might be catching on, too. Which is only fair, if you think about it, because you told us." Ao'nung paused before nodding slowly. "None of them will tell," Tsireya said hurriedly. "Oh my god, Ao'nung, Lo'ak asked Tsireya on a date tonight." His head shot up instantly. "He WHAT?!" Tsireya rolled her eyes. "Why else would I be asking you guys to help me find an outfit?" Rotxo grinned. "Gonna be honest with you, Reya, I didn't even notice you were in here with us," Ao'nung laughed. "I'll break your damn nose," she hissed, glaring at him. "Yeah, okay." Tsireya nibbled at her lip. "I think he only did it because Papa was about to figure out how Neteyam- what really happened." Ao'nung winced. "I seriously doubt he would ask you out as a distraction, Reya," he murmured, looking over his shoulder for Rotxo's confirmation. "I mean, yeah, Tonowari was right behind him. That's a real tight spot to be in."

Tsireya wanted to watch a movie with her brothers. They declined. Instead, they all sat on their phones, not speaking. The silence was interrupted by the occasional tiktok sound or quiet giggle. Tsireya was playing a game on her phone. Ao'nung was texting someone, smiling at his phone. It looked like Rotxo was looking through his camera roll, a large grin on his face. "Oh yeah, guys, Kiri kissed me," he said randomly, not looking up. Ao'nung's head raised slowly to stare at his friend. "She did WHAT?! What did they feed the Sully's today? Why are they all so bold?" Tsireya arched an eyebrow. "Bold? Are all of them bold? Including-" "Shut up,"  he grunted, rolling his eyes. "Who's the, uh, bold one, Ao'nung? Rotxo asked, a smug smile on his lips. "Shut up," Tsireya hissed, elbowing him. "I think Ao'nung is. Neteyam's too polite." Tsireya shook her head in disbelief. "What do you mean?" Ao'nung asked, head tilted in confusion. Rotxo scoffed. "Yeah, okay," he laughed, waving his hand dismissively. At Ao'nung's silence, Rotxo's eyes widened. "Oh, you're serious." He looked over at Tsireya. "He doesn't know what I mean. You know what I mean, right?" She nodded slowly. "What- guys, cmon," Ao'nung complained. "You're the gay one, why don't you know what I mean?" "And you're the one who got dog walked in the cafeteria today by his girlfriend," Ao'nung snapped, glaring up at him. "And you're the one who was obviously hooking up with his boyfriend somewhere in the public school building," Rotxo retorted, folding his arms across his chest. "He's not my boyfriend." Rotxo spread his hands in defeat. "And she's not my girlfriend!" he shouted, trying not to laugh. "We weren't hooking up. We haven't- I don't want to talk to you about this," Ao'nung muttered, glancing pointedly at Tsireya. "Oh, okay. Reya, get out." She gasped in anger. "What?! This is my bedroom," she shouted, frowning. "Let's talk about your kiss, then," Ao'nung grinned, looking expectantly at his friend. Rotxo hesitated, smile faltering. "Not so funny now, is it?" Ao'nung asked, glancing at his sister. "He's just embarrassed that he's the bottom in a hetero relationship," Tsireya teased, grinning. "A what?" Ao'nung asked, tilting his head to the side. "OH MY GOD, BRO, YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS," shouted Rotxo, dragging his hands down his face and gasping for air between laughs. Ao'nung's brow was furrowed. He looked to his sister for help. Tsireya held her hands up in defeat. "I'm not explaining that to you," she grinned, holding back her laughter. "I don't like it when you guys do this shit," Ao'nung grumbled, flopping onto Tsireya's floor and hiding his face with his arms.