Lo'ak

Lo'ak was woken up by the feeling of Neteyam's braids brushing his face. "Bro, cmon," Neteyam shouted, shaking his shoulders. "What- Neteyam, what is wrong with you?" He shoved his brother away. "What is wrong with me? You didn't wake up in time. I told you, like, ten thousand times to set your alarm." Lo'ak groaned and rolled over. Kiri flashed his lights on and off rapidly. "Get your ass up," she shouted. "Or I'm getting dad." Lo'ak was out of bed in an instant. "You have, like, ten minutes," Neteyam warned. "We will be in the car." With that, Lo'ak's siblings left his room. He blindly grabbed a t- shirt from off his floor and threw it on, hoping it was at least clean. He wore the same black sweats he had slept in and slung his backpack over his shoulder.

Tsireya 🐚:

(lo'ak) good morning!!
(lo'ak) i woke up rly late

(tsireya) omg oh no
(tsireya) are you guys going to make it on time?

"LO'AK! NOW!!!" Neteyam shouted from downstairs. "YOU SAID TEN MINUTES!!! IT'S BEEN NINE!!!" "What's going on out there?" Both boys fell silent as their father's voice boomed through the house. Lo'ak quickly sprinted down the stairs and into the kitchen. Neytiri was fixing Tuk's hair in the kitchen. She shot her son a glance. "Next time you are late, I will let them leave you behind." Lo'ak nodded. His mother's expression softened. "Have a good day, baba." "Bye bye, Lo'ak!" Tuk called. His goodbye was silenced by Neteyam's scream from the garage. Lo'ak quickly ran to his brother's car, not managing to grab breakfast.

They barely made it to school on time. The three of them had to run into the building. Kiri was beyond embarrassed and had that look on her face that Lo'ak had come to understand as humiliation-fueled anger. Lo'ak was very, very glad he didn't have to go to class with her.

Tsireya 🐚:

(lo'ak) yes we got here just now

(tsireya) i know lol neteyam just got here
(tsireya) he sat down and instantly started talking about how late u made them!!!!

Lo'ak scoffed at his phone.

Neteyam:

(lo'ak) bro wtf
(lo'ak) ur making me look bad

(neteyam) Whatever
(neteyam) Today, you are the problem.

(lo'ak) shiiiit i know ur mad
(lo'ak) using correct punctuation and shit💀💀

Rotxo tapped him on the arm. "Dude, get off your phone, you're going to get in trouble," he hissed, grinning. Lo'ak shrugged and slid his phone into his pocket. "Are you coming this morning?" Lo'ak looked up. "Hm?" "To the swim meeting. Ao'nung and I have to lead it. It's for info on the new season." Lo'ak squinted at him. "You guys really want us to do swim, don't you?" Rotxo snorted. "We couldn't care less. Tsireya wants you to do it." Lo'ak sat up. "She does?" "Mhm." He thought for a moment. Soccer season wasn't till the fall. In theory, he could use this as conditioning. "Okay, I'll come," he agreed. "What time is it at?" Rotxo checked his phone. "In, like, 10 minutes." "Oh."

Ommi 🤍:

(lo'ak) May I try out for my school's swim team? There is a meeting this morning. Afterwards I think I will have more information.

(neytiri) If you think you can maintain good grades while doing a school sport, then yes. Update me with the information you learn.
(neytiri) Ask your father as well.

———

Jake Sully:

(lo'ak) can i do swim
(lo'ak) for the school