Tsireya

Rotxo poked his head into Tsireya's room. "Wait, so where did Ao'nung go?" he asked, head tilted to the side. Tsireya hesitated. "I don't know if I should tell you," she said, wincing. He blinked. "Why not? Is he with someone?" Her silence was enough of an answer. His jaw clenched. "Oh. Got it." He pulled his head back, shutting her door a little too hard behind him. She sighed. He was probably upset that she was withholding information, but she truly didn't know if she should be the one to tell him. Probably not. Her phone vibrated against her leg. Ao'nung was calling her. She answered him. "...Hello? Is everything-" "TSIREYA! TSIREYA OH MY GOD." She pulled her phone away from her ear, wincing at how loud he was screaming. "What? What is it? Are you okay?" "TSIREYA OH MY GOD." She could hear his voice echoing down the hall. "Ao, are you home?" "JUST GOT HERE WH-" he hung up. A few seconds later, he barged into her room, opening her door with a slam. "Just got here." His hair and shirt were soaked. His eyes were bright and his smile was so big that she could see every single one of his teeth. "Oh, my god," Tsireya breathed, looking at him carefully. "Tsireya, I-"

Rotxo grabbed Ao'nung's shoulder. He had a serious look on his face. Ao'nung's smile died. "Ro, what are you-" "You like her, don't you?" Tsireya covered her mouth with her hands. Ao'nung froze. "I- what?" "You like her. You like Kiri. That's where you were, wasn't it?" Tsireya gasped as quietly as she could. Ao'nung looked over his shoulder at her in disbelief. "Stop looking at her. Answer me. You were with her, weren't you?" Ao'nung sighed dramatically, hiding his face in his hands. "Yes. You got me. I went to her house, and I brought her dinner. We watched one of those crime shows she really likes." Rotxo's jaw dropped. He looked at Ao'nung in disgust, mouth opening and closing in an attempt to come up with a response. Ao'nung grabbed him roughly by the shoulders. "But, before that, I made out with her brother at the gas station."

Tsireya shrieked and scrambled to her feet, sending her phone clattering to the floor. He looked over his shoulder at his sister and grinned. "In the rain," he added, eyes sparkling. She fell to the floor in shock. "And then, I kissed him again at his front door." "AO'NUNG!!!!!" she shouted, jumping up and grabbing his shoulders. "And, I kissed him one more time before I left to drive home." She screamed one more time, jumping around and climbing partially onto his back so she could look over his shoulder to see Rotxo's reaction. His mouth was so wide open Tsireya bet he could have fit his entire fist in there. "You... you what?" he sputtered, staring at Ao'nung with exceptionally wide eyes. "Yep, sure did. Dude, I do not like Kiri. She's great, very pretty. But, I just-" Ao'nung grunted as Rotxo slammed into his chest. At first, Tsireya thought that for some reason he was upset. She quickly realized Rotxo was hugging Ao'nung, with his arms wrapped around both Tsireya and her brother. "Oh my god," he shouted, rocking all three of them back and forth. Ao'nung hugged him back, grinning.

Rotxo suddenly pushed both of them back, knocking Reya to the floor with a yelp. "Shit. Sorry," he mumbled, extending a hand to help her up. He straightened and shoved Ao'nung's chest gently. "Why didn't you tell me? I had an idea, but I didn't think- why didn't you tell me?" Tsireya winced. This was the part she had been worried about. She was nervous for Ao'nung's response, because she truly could not anticipate what he was going to say. Ao'nung sighed, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Listen, man. I still- you cannot tell anyone. Both of you." Tsireya nodded solemnly. "I mean that. None of the Sully kids know. Well, besides Neteyam, obviously. He said he wouldn't tell them. Or anyone." Rotxo nodded. "I don't- I'm not ready for people to know. It's not that I'm ashamed or anything, I just-" "You're just not ready," Tsireya offered quietly. "Yeah. I'm just not ready. And I want it to be my decision. When I'm ready, I want it to be up to me to tell people." He paused. "I didn't even tell myself for a long time. I didn't admit it. And I pretended so hard. Well, I tried to, anyway." He groaned. "I really should apologize to Ninat. Better than I did." Tsireya scoffed. "You really, really should," she agreed. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys. I know you don't care if I'm-" "Gay? I want to hear you say it," Rotxo grinned, folding his arms across his chest. "For 18 years of stealing the girls I like without even realizing it, I deserve this. Say it." Ao'nung shook his head slowly. "Fine. I know you don't care that I'm g-" he swallowed. "Holy shit, you can't say it," Rotxo laughed, looking at Reya in disbelief. "Shut up, I can," Ao'nung mumbled, glaring at his friend. "That I'm gay." "Woohoo!" Tsireya called, clapping lightly. "Shut up." Ao'nung swatted at her with his hand. "Don't make a big deal about it. Please." "We won't. You know we won't," Rotxo promised, looking at his friend with earnest eyes.

Ronal poked her head into Tsireya's bedroom. She found the three of them sitting in a circle on the floor, talking loudly. "What's all the screaming for?" she asked, rubbing her eyes. "Did we wake you up? I'm sorry," Rotxo whispered, wincing. "No, it's okay. It's hard to sleep with this anyways." She gestured to her stomach. Tsireya gave her brother a look. Ao'nung got to his feet nervously. "Mama," he began, voice soft. "Tonight, I went and picked up dinner for Tsireya. From Chilli's." he paused. Ronal blinked at him. "Alright..." "Neteyam came with me." Their mother tilted her head to the side. "And- Mama, I'm-" He hesitated, grasping at the air with both hands. "I'm gay," he whispered, looking his mother straight in the eyes. Ronal's face froze for just a second before her lips spread into a massive smile. She embraced her son and rocked him back and forth, whispering hurriedly to him. After a few moments, she pulled back, looking at him with tears in her eyes. "Mama, don't cry," Ao'nung murmured. She shook her head. "No, it's not that. I think my water just broke."

Everybody froze. "WHAT!" Rotxo shouted, getting to his feet. Ao'nung sprinted out of Reya's room, shouting for his father. "Mama, are you-" "Yes, I'm sure. Go help your father move everything to the car. Rotxo, walk me down the stairs." "Yes ma'am," they said at the same time. Tsireya chased after her brother, following the sound of his panicked shouts. "What? What's going on?" Tonowari climbed up the stairs to the basement and was instantly ambushed by his kids. "Mama is-" Ao'nung paused, catching his breath. "Her water broke," Tsireya shouted, so loud that she made her father flinch. Tonowari's eyes widened. "I'm supposed to help you guys move everything to the car." Her father nodded. "Okay. Reya, go upstairs and get out of your- pack a spending the night bag. Set out clothes for your brothers so they can change and pack their bags after they get done helping me." Ronal screamed from the stairway. "Oh, oh, oh shit. WHAT DO I DO?!" Rotxo shouted, voice tense and hoarse. Tsireya thought she heard her mother shout 'language!', followed by the sound of a small smack. Tonowari grimaced. "Shit. Nevermind that. We gotta go, now." He turned to go help, but paused. "Son. In our bedroom, there is a purple suitcase by our bed. Put it in your car and meet us there." Ao'nung nodded, eyes wide. Tonowari ran off to go save Rotxo and Ao'nung sprinted to their parent's room, leaving Tsireya alone by the basement stairs. She waited for her mother to be downstairs before running back up to her room. "Pack an overnight bag," she called, looking over her shoulder to Rotxo. "Get one for Ao, too." He nodded and chased after her, eyes wide in panic.

Tsireya found both boys clutching duffle bags, standing by the front door. Rotxo's eyes were still wide and scared. "She slapped me," he whispered. "Dude, she has a human coming out of her. Get over it," Ao'nung groaned, rolling his eyes. "I didn't pack a toothbrush," Rotxo said nervously. "That doesn't matter," Tsireya said frustratedly, rubbing her eyes. "Are we good to go?" Both boys nodded.

young ronal and tonowari mayhaps (my pinterest search history is weird and specific as fuck bc of this little story)