Ao'nung

this one is even longer!!!! i still don't care!!!!! y'all are gonna eat this meal and enjoy it !!!!!

"You have to, Ao. Blame it on me. Say I want Chilli's or something." Tsireya was sitting on the floor of Ao'nung's bedroom, helping him decide what to say to Neteyam. "Well... do you want Chilli's?" Tsireya sighed in exasperation. "What I want, what I truly want, is for you to have the chance to make up with Neteyam. If that happens at Chilli's, then I guess I want Chilli's." Ao'nung blinked. "Damn. Okay." He got out his phone and opened his messages. Neteyam had left his pathetic response on read, not that he could blame him for that.

Teyam:

(ao'nung) tsireya wants me to go get her dinner from somewhere
(ao'nung) wanna come with me?

His stomach felt like it was freefalling as soon as he hit send. "Tsireya, I don't think he wants-" "AO HE RESPONDED. LOOK," she shouted, handing his phone back to him.

Teyam:

(neteyam) sure

Ao'nung looked at his sister with wide eyes. She beamed. "Go shower. Now. I mean now. You gotta go get him soon!" Ao'nung jumped up and undid his hair as he stumbled to the bathroom. Rotxo was on the toilet when he walked in. "Out. Get out," he shouted, nearly jumping out of his clothes in his hurry. "Ao'nung needs to shower," Tisreya shouted from the doorway. "Woah! Damn, Reya, I'm-" "Oh, shut up, I'm not even looking." Rotxo grumbled something about privacy in this damn house and left, slamming his bedroom door behind him. Ao'nung took the fastest shower possible, shaving his face with one hand while he did so. Tsireya said his facial hair made him look like he smelled bad. He got done in record time, drying and putting on clean clothes. "Hair down," Tsireya called, running into his room with a small glass bottle. She poured some of its contents into her hands and ran it through his hair without warning. "Shit, Reya, what is that?" Ao'nung protested, lurching away. "Oh, come back here. It's for your hair." "I got that." "It'll make your curls all shiny. Give me your hair." Ao'nung sighed and leaned backwards, putting his head on her level. "There. Smells good, right?" Ao'nung nodded despite himself. "Smells like a girl." Tsireya rolled her eyes. "Good. Now, go. I want a quesadilla." Ao'nung snorted. "Chilli's? Really? You're an oddball, bro." She shoved his shoulder gently and handed him his keys. "Go."

Mr. Sully let Ao'nung into his house without asking questions, inviting him into the living room. Kiri was sitting on the sofa, watching some crime show way too loud. She changed the channel to American Football as her father entered, turning the volume down. She grinned at Ao'nung before scurrying away, into what Ao'nung assumed to be the kitchen. Jake stood too close to the TV with his hands on his hips, legs slightly spread. "Come here, son," he beckoned, pointing at the screen. "Look at these boys. Think you could do that?" Ao'nung shrugged, squinting against the bright light. "I think you could. One day, we gotta go out back with your dad and see how you two do." The sound of footsteps crossing the room made Ao'nung turn. He felt his throat constrict as he looked at Neteyam, with his hair unbraided. Ao'nung had never seen him like this. He didn't account for how much hair Neteyam truly must have to have so many braids. His curls were messy, in a natural and healthy way. Ao'nung smiled at him and looked down at his hands. Something about how Neteyam was looking at him, with his curls and his black t-shirt hanging just so off his shoulders, was making him nervous. Jake grinned at his son. "Oh, hi Tey. I'm trying to make him see how good he could be if he gave football a try." Neteyam gave him a deadpan look. Jake grinned. "Sorry. Kid's massive. And look at his arms. He'd be great." Neytiri called for her husband from the other room. Jake instantly left, jogging to her. "Running to his wife in his own house," Lo'ak whispered from the doorway, shaking his head slowly. Ao'nung stared at him in disbelief. "Pull out those blue light glasses, then. Go on," Ao'nung retorted, grinning. Lo'ak's face reddened and he ducked out the door. The sound of his footsteps stomping upstairs echoed around the house.