Neteyam

Neteyam made Lo'ak set his alarm in front of him, double checking that he didn't mess anything up. To his delight, Lo'ak got to their shared bathroom brushing his teeth before Neteyam. "Please floss," Neteyam grinned, ignoring Lo'ak's eye roll. Neteyam quickly finished getting ready and stood by the garage door, waiting with two protein shakes in hand. Lo'ak whined about still being hungry, but took his drink anyway. 

Their dentist appointments went the same as they always did - with Neteyam being congratulated on how well he flossed and brushed and Lo'ak needing a cavity filled. As he sat and waited for Lo'ak to get finished, Neteyam played on his phone, seeing that his brother had texted him.

Lo'ak Sully:

(Lo'ak) bro please PLEASE PLEASE don't tell anyone i have a cavity
(Lo'ak) not kiri, not ao'nung, NOT TSIREYA‼️‼️‼️
(Lo'ak) i guess you have to tell mom and dad but please no one else.

(Neteyam) Only if you promise to floss with me before bed
(Neteyam) Mom and Dad's insurance can't handle your shit

(Lo'ak) i promise 🫡

—----------

Ao'nung:

(Neteyam) Anything new in anatomy?
(Neteyam) You owe me notes, remember?

(Ao'nung) yes i know i do don't worry
(Ao'nung) an edpuzzle on integumentary
(Ao'nung) about skin diseases. necrotizing fasciitis.
(Ao'nung) DO NOT LOOK UP IMAGES I MEAN IT

(Neteyam) You could have warned me sooner (dearest reader pls dont look this up if you have a weak stomach i do actually mean that)

(Ao'nung) NOOOOO
(Ao'nung) i'm sorry!!!!!!

Neteyam turned his phone off, wincing. He folded his hands in front of him and looked around the waiting room. A little girl with blonde hair was looking at him from a table covered with coloring books and chunks of crayon. She ducked down behind the table when she noticed him looking, peeking up at him from time to time. Neteyam smiled at her, waving his fingers slightly. She grinned and giggled from behind the table, running and hiding behind her mother's legs. Neteyam grinned and grabbed a coloring book of cartoon dogs to pass the time. Lo'ak came out from the back after about 20 minutes, still wearing the glasses the dentist provides to protect your eyes from their examination light. He grinned widely at his brother, showing off his deeply cleaned teeth. Neteyam scoffed, going over to the front desk. "Do I need to sign anything for him?" he asked the lady, smiling softly. "Lemme check... Sully boys?" Neteyam nodded. "Nope. Both of you guys are good. Mama filled out everything online before you two came." Neteyam smiled and thanked her, pulling Lo'ak out the door by the elbow.

Lo'ak demanded they stop somewhere for breakfast on the way. Neteyam handed him a ziploc bag of Tuk's snacks from the glovebox and told him that they had to get back to school as soon as possible. "Prick," Lo'ak mumbled, snatching the bag of cranberry raisins from Neteyam's hand. "What was that?" Neteyam asked quickly, glancing rapidly at his brother. "Prick. You're acting like a prick." Neteyam gritted his teeth. "You talk a lot of shit for someone with partially rotten teeth. You know that, right?" Lo'ak glared at him venomously. "Not my fault." Neteyam scoffed. "Yes, it absolutely is. You know what, don't eat those. The sugar is probably bad for your teeth, anyways." He took the raisins back and handed Lo'ak a bottle of water from the side of his door. "Here. Rinse your mouth clean and spit it out the window." Neteyam noticed his mistake the second he said it. Lo'ak took a large sip, keeping his eyes on Neteyam. He leaned over and spit a little bit of his mouthful at Neteyam's face, grinning. "You piece of shit. Lo'ak, you are a piece of shit," Neteyam shouted, swatting at his brother with his fists. "You're so lucky I'm driving, or your ass would be-" He paused, collecting himself. He reached his hand over and squeezed the plastic water bottle, splashing Lo'ak with its contents. "Bro!" he shouted, trying to wipe it off his clothes. "It looks like I pissed my pants." "Good. You spit on me!" "It wasn't even spit. It was clean water, and it wasn't that much." Neteyam pulled into the student parking lot, silencing Lo'ak with a glare. "Whatever. I'm telling mom," Lo'ak retorted. "Okay. I'm telling Tsireya about how bad your hygiene is." Lo'ak's eyes widened in fear. "I'm kidding. Grab your things," Neteyam said, putting his car in park. Lo'ak scrambled for his backpack, getting out of Neteyam's car as soon as he could. "Dude, what's your hurry?" Neteyam called after him, arms spread in confusion. No response. Neteyam checked his watch, seeing that they had just switched into second period. He headed towards the library, putting in his headphones as he walked.