Chapter Ninety Three

Lia

I'm unable to look away from the breathtaking view in front of me as I lie with my head resting on the chest of the man my heart and soul are attached to. The floor-to-ceiling window in his bedroom overlooks the endless beauty of New York. His fingers absentmindedly skim back and forth over my naked back. Only a thin sheet covers the lower half of our naked bodies that feel wondrous together.

We've both been awake for a while but found no reason to speak yet. He's let me fall into the comfort of silence that I love so much.

But it's difficult to ignore him when I can feel and hear his heartbeat, his quiet breaths, and his sneaky hands that explore my bare skin. Shifting a little, I move so that I'm leaning my chin on my hands and when I look into his eyes, blood rushes to my cheeks.

"Last night..." My quiet voice can't make out the words to describe what last night felt like.

I was delirious by the time he was done with me. I can't even remember how many times he took me. All I know is that I was a gasping, sweaty, blissful mess.

Xavier arrogantly grins.

"Was hot. You looked hot as fuck."

Irritated and a little shy, I glare up at him.

"It wasn't healthy. We were both clearly upset. We should've talked it out first." Regardless of how much I needed him last night, we should've sat down and talked.

Although, he was honest with me when I asked him to tell me the truth about why Krystal was with him the other night. And I guess, because of how much I've missed him and how well we're connecting lately, I let my guard down.

And I would do it again. And again. And again.

I can't resist this man.

Xavier glides his hand up my back until he's caressing my hair.

"But where's the fun in the hatefuck then?"

Fire licks up my veins at his words. I wouldn't call it a hatefuck but it was intense. We were both feeling...infuriatingly aroused .

"I'm being serious," quietly, I speak avoiding his eyes out of shyness, "And it wasn't a hate-fuck. I don't hate you. It was more of a I'm-annoyed-at-you-for-being-annoying-and-hot fuck."

He lets out a laugh at my label for what we've done last night before, ever so tenderly, touching my face as if he's mesmerized.

"I rather you hate-fuck me and be in my arms than you walk away from me with tears in your eyes. I understand that we should've talked first but sometimes you don't need words to show what you feel for the person you love. And besides, it was consensual and so fucking good. We both love physical touch and there's nothing wrong with that." His words and the way his eyes never break away from mine are enough to wash away the doubts and the prickling of assuming we made a mistake.

He's right.

Xavier and I connect in a way that words aren't enough to describe it. Physical touch is our love language that we can't get enough of.

I hadn't realized how touch-deprived I was until Xavier came into my life. I love how it feels when he's holding me, especially around my waist. It evokes this fluttery, almost giddy emotion inside my chest that leaves me wanting him.

"And having you after so long felt out of this fucking world, Lia," Xavier huskily murmurs, his eyes darkening with need, "I mean damn when you started squir—"

"Shut up!" With burning-hot cheeks, I cover his mouth to stop him from uttering any more words that are going to leave me wanting to hide myself in the blankets.