7. The Meeting

"Alright everyone. I hope I made myself clear. Its six weeks for the wedding. We can start the rehearsals from Wednesday. Roughly there are going to be ten performances counting you and Mr. Rahul's duet, Ms. Khurana. Timings will be from three to six in the afternoons, as per your request. In case of any changes, let my assistant know about the same," Mahil finished and proceeded to take a sip of the coffee which previously burned his mouth at the start of the meeting.

"I'll be looking forward to Wednesday then. I'm sorry Rahul couldn't make it here. He is busy with the whole wedding preparations," Riya Khurana smiled.

"Mr. Malhotra, let me know about the requirements of lights and sound system, any props or additional speakers. So far I have planned everything according to the wish of Khurana sisters," Taran nodded while adding the details of Sangeet to his ipad as discussed in the last two hours.

"Please, you are one cry baby in the name of a wedding planner. That is why I take a look into things. After all, it is my one and only sister's wedding," Kiya Khurana pinched the wedding planner who also happened to be their cousin and the guy playfully slapped her palm in return. Mahil smiled at their interaction. It was through choreographing for a few Indian weddings that he had known how close siblings, cousins, grandparents, uncle, aunt could be. He never experienced this warmth from distant family members; it was only he and his parents for the first eighteen years of life and then there were none.

"Of course, your highness. Everyone here should work according to the wish of Princess Kiya Khurana," Sister Duo laughed as Taran bowed and got up, "Honestly; I need to leave, getting late for completing formalities regarding the venue."

"Ms. Khurana, handover the list of songs to Freyer here or just e-mail to the dance studio's official e-mail address," Mahil said.

"About that I have a few songs in this pendrive," Riya searched through her black purse, "I think it's in my car. Mr. Freyer come with me, I'll give you the pendrive. Our chachi has specially asked for these songs for the elders. Kiya, you finish this coffee, complete the payment and then pick my lehenga from the shop. I have to accompany Taran. See you soon, Mahil," Riya nodded before walking out of the café followed by Freyer and Taran.

"Why haven't you finished the coffee? Did you not like it?" Kiya looked at Mahil's half-filled cup.

"No, it's kind of hot," He smiled as the memory of his mother scolding him for not being careful while slurping her world famous kadhi came to his mind. He sighed longingly as the tangy-sweet taste of the yoghurt curry lingered over his tongue.

"I thought, you like hot things, most of the men do, right?" Kiya stared at him.

Mahil noticed a faint red hue covering her cheeks. She had bent a little towards his side. Her fingers almost brushed over the back of his palm when he withdrew the hand from the table and coughed, "Right, but such things might burn your mouth, be careful."

"I'm a Leo. Fire naturally attracts me," She chuckled tucking a hair strand behind the ear.

"Sorry?" Mahil gave her a confused look and wondered what was taking Freyer so much time.

"Zodiac signs," She shrugged and continued, "My monthly horoscope says I'm going to meet a lot of interesting people these days. One of them might just be the man of my dreams."

"Do you believe it?"

"Who knows? But today I met a very handsome artist," She played with the rim of saucer.

He smirked raising a single eyebrow, "Artists are mostly crack heads who fervently love their art."

"Such a fervent man must be passionate in creating his art on the canvas of a slender neck as well," She turned her face from one side to another which made muscles of her milky smooth neck flex.

Mahil gulped sensing dryness in his throat. No doubt, the woman sitting in front was beautiful. Her small hints gave out her interest in him, physical attraction he would rather call it. But did he reciprocate the same? They were meeting on professional grounds, weren't they?

"Slender necks are artworks themselves. They hardly need others to work on them. Is there some problem regarding the pendrive? It shouldn't take him this long," He tried to change the topic and silently checked through the phone.

Kiya chuckled awkwardly, "He must be on the way. What's your zodiac sign?"

"Errr... I guess... Capricorn," He mumbled staring at nothing particular. His father didn't believe in it but his mother probably did. They both were so different yet so much in love. He had seen their immaculate affection for each other throughout growing up.

"Your horoscope says you'll find the love of your life this month. Who knows you might have encountered her by now," She wriggled the eyebrows.

Mahil blinked twice as sleeping figure of a particular woman in blue scrub suit appeared in front of his eyes while listening to Kiya's words. He felt his heart beats taking up a quicker pace, "Let's check on them."

Startled, she said, "Sure, I'll just pay and then we can leave."

By the time Kiya was done paying the bill over the cash counter, Freyer arrived sliding the glass door, "Sorry boss, I was caught up in something."

Mahil sighed, finally he could leave.

She smiled at Freyer, "It's alright, sweetie. We anyways had a great time, right Mahil?"

Clearing the throat, he replied, "Yeah. We'll see you, Ms. Khurana."

"I prefer Kiya, especially when it is coming from you. See ya. Ab toh mulakat hoti rahegi," She winked before sauntering out of the place.

"What did she say?" Freyer asked.

"Something like we'll be meeting frequently," He shrugged and started walking. Freyer followed matching his steps.

"The girl is totally into you," The assistant said which earned a questioning look from Mahil.

"Did you not notice? She was literally ogling at you the whole time. Even her sister saw it. In fact, Ms. Riya was asking me if you were single and a few other things about you, that's what took me so long," Freyer explained.

"I hope you kept the conversation as professional as possible," Mahil pressed the lips in a thin line.

"Certainly," Freyer nodded and continued, "I have had the front row seat watching women being interested in my boss and him royally avoiding their advances. Not to forget, how your cold behavior had made our first ever client runaway. You sure, you aren't gay? But I haven't seen you flirting with a man either."

"Frey, stop with your inquisitiveness and next time politely refuse if Ms. Khurana asks any personal questions about me."

"What is wrong in it? I'm almost eight years younger than you, but even I have Ava. It's nearly impossible for me to stomach the fact that you are single at the age of twenty eight," Freyer complained making Mahil smile. The guy was almost like a younger brother to him.

"Don't worry. The moment I'll realize that I have fallen in love, I'll straightaway walk up to the woman and ask her to stay with me. Because Frey is fretting over me being single all my life," He laughed after the last statement.

The assistant sighed as they sat in the vehicle. His boss was a charming but weird man who interacted with the clients formally, at times letting a few guards down with casual flirting but mostly avoiding sexual advances from women. The man turned way too cold with his renowned nemesis, Mr. Winslow belonging to the same profession. He acted somewhat soft with the competitor's girlfriend Rachel. And then there was this side to his boss, the one who would joke around with him and look after him like a family member at times.

--------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment!

Some words for Mahil?

There are so many things I have in mind for this story. Just waiting for the characters to pick up the pace so that I can get into the real plot!