43. Princess moments?

Mahil:

Our flight landed soon. Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport was crowded with reporters and camera flashes. Apparently some Bollywood actor had arrived in Mumbai after a victory in an International award function.

Completing the immigration process as we headed towards exit, we were accompanied by two guards wearing formal suits. I mistook them for airport security services but when the man kindly requested for my luggage on Pranit's order, I realized that they indeed were bodyguards working for us.

Right. For brother dearest, of course.

Or Mr. Shrinivas Bhardwaj as he would say.

The celeb gave a few shots to paparazzi holding the award as he rushed towards exit. What I saw thereafter blew my senses. Outside the glass doors there were hundreds of fans shouting his name 'Kartik, Kartik, Kartik, Kartik.' Hoardings, posters, photographs. It was madness. For a moment, I went down the memory lane and a smile embraced my lips. Although nowhere close to this lad but I had tasted the elixir of stardom. What if I'd continued with the television shows? What if I had stayed in LA? What if the fire accident never happened?

As a child, I had dreams higher than the tallest skyscraper in LA. In my teenage, I actually progressed towards making them real. Alas, during adulthood, life happened and I became this man. I had talent. But the world wanted more than that. Success demanded a lot more than a teenage kid trying to run away from his miseries after losing his parents. I wasn't complaining. I got a scholarship that's why I left. What I had achieved over years was also huge for a self-made man. Perhaps, stardom wasn't destiny but Kuhoo was.

Oh I missed her already.

"Mr. Malhotra," Pranit cleared his throat, urging me to take a seat as a black colored Bentley Bentyga stopped in front of us. One of the guards opened the door for Adi and closed it once he settled in backseat. The same guard repeated his actions for helping me into the vehicle.

Show off. Too much of show off.

Pranit sat beside the driver dressed in a white uniform and cap. Taking a glance at Adi who was still wearing his branded sunglasses, the assistant announced, "We're ready to go."

I frowned wondering where the guards went only to realize that they were following us in another black car, there was a similar one in front as well. Rubbing my temple, I let out a frustrated sigh as Adi scolded someone over a call regarding postponement of a meeting.

Why did he even need all this security?

Drama queen.

I slid the window halfway while we drove over a fancy architecture called Bandra-Worli Sea link as the road signs had mentioned. For some reason I was reminded of the DuSable Bridge and her. As if it wasn't enough, my far vision landed on the ocean waves outside. There is a lake close to your home? The click of her amorous tongue resonated in my ears as her words followed. There is a sea.

Goosebumps formed all over my skin and I took a long breath. Of course, as much as it was Adi's home; it was hers as well. She missed this place. She missed this ocean. My lips curved into a smile because despite being some thirteen thousand kilometers away from my woman, I still felt close to her.

Taking a quick snap of the Blue Arabian Sea, I sent it to Kuhoo, only to realize later that it was midnight in Chicago. She probably was asleep. Time zones sucked. How was I to communicate with her if time decided to be such a b-

"Mahil, we'll reach within half-an-hour. But before that, there's something I wanted to tell you." Adi cleared his throat, removing the Tom-Ford sunglasses which also gained attention from his assistant sitting on the passenger seat as he looked through rearview mirror.