45. Confronting him

Dedicated to IZAHMAD

Kuhoo :

"You guys what??!!" I held the phone away from my ears reflexively as Elisha screamed, "I knew it. I so knew it! But how and when and... Oh my gosh! You have to give me all the details. Come on now. Spill the beans."

"Woman! You're bursting my ears." I scolded.

"Shut up and turn on the camera. I wanna see your face," I shook my head knowing Elisha would be Elisha as she turned our ongoing voice call into a video one.

Was this how a best friend would react?

Or was Elisha Singh a certified drama queen?

"Well, that night when I called you and we argued, I kind of ended up at his place, wasted." Sauntering inside bedroom, I turned on the heater and lay on my stomach, chin resting on folded arms, legs dangling up in air.

"Wait. You kissed him because you were under influence of alcohol? That's so unlike you." She sounded confused.

I would have. But he didn't let me.

"Errr..." Rolling the tongue over lips, biting the insides of my cheek, I looked downwards, "I kind of wanted to do it for a long time."

"Oh. My. God. You're blushing! I thought I won't survive to see this day. I'm so happy for you babe. And well... As you were drunk, you must've tasted like alcohol to him." She glanced at me teasingly.

"Chiii yaar," I made a nauseated face.

The devil best friend smirked, "What chiii? Alcohol, my darling, is addictive. Trust me, doing it with a man who's addicted to you, that's so intensely passionate. It's wild. Err... A bit dark sometimes. When your bodies - "

"Okay. Cut it. Stop. I was not asking about those late night adventures with your boyfriend-soon-to-be-fiancé. And anyways we didn't kiss when I was drunk. It happened the day after because that night, although I practically threw myself at him, he refused." I picked a bottle of moisturizer from the bedside drawer and started applying it.

Was it wrong that I wanted him to do it for me?

Warmth of his fingers roaming all over my skin; that was all I desired in this freezing cold. Co-incidentally, my eyes landed on the same bottle of coconut oil with which he had massaged my feet that night. Holding it in my hand, I admired it endearingly.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She frowned.

You're refusing me? That night I had asked. I'm respecting you. My breaths hitched remembering his words. I wanted him here. Why did he leave? If I knew it would be so difficult without Mahil, I would stop him.

Every day. I missed him every day, every second I wanted him to show up so that I can run in his arms, so that we –

"Kuhoo?" Eli's voice brought me back to reality, "OH. MY. GOD. You're getting lost in his thoughts when we're still talking. You're totally whipped."

"It's nothing like that," I whispered playing with my nails.

"I know you better than yourself baby," She raised her eyebrows suggestively.

"Oh please, I was just thinking about something he said. When I was inebriated, I asked him if he was refusing me, he said he was respecting me," I ended up blurting it.

"Woah. Your man is an epitome of patience. And looks like you're totally falling for him." She winked.

"You know I almost forgot what falling for someone felt like, how letting your feelings drive you felt like. But with Mahil, it all feels so natural, like I'm being drawn to him. There's an undecipherable force between us. I've tried to push him away but I don't know what comes over me whenever he's around. It has now gotten to the point that I see him even in my dreams."