17. New Bonds

Mahil :

"That's it for today. I'll see you guys tomorrow then?" Closing the playlist, I sighed. It really had been an eventful day, worrying about my client flipping again, Rachel showing up in the studio unannounced, meeting Ms. Khurana and her fiancée, my lovely neighbor being so friendly with the man, rehearsals of their performance and the dance with Kuhoo. All I wanted was to sleep on my comfortable bed and before that I needed to inform Frey about Ms. Khurana's return, the guy looked more worried than me when she didn't show up in the morning.

"Today? Hello dude, its night, bloody nine pm. I really am hungry. Don't you guys feel the need to eat? " Rahul patted lightly on his stomach.

"I know right," Kuhoo mumbled only to stare at the floor embarrassed as gurgling sound made its way out of her belly. Placing a hair strand behind the ear she added, "I mean, while I was having my lunch in the afternoon, a head trauma case showed up, extradural hematoma, depressed skull fracture, I ate haphazardly leaving half portion of my plate untouched till the time they got the CT scan done. The burr hole and everything after that didn't spare me time to have anything more to eat."

What's with this woman skipping her lunch all the time?

"Let's order something then?" He suggested.

"I guess," She shrugged.

"Chinese?" Rahul asked.

"Pizza," We voiced out at the same time. Kuhoo raised her eyebrows in my direction. Astounded, I chuckled. Where she had been all this while, leaving me wondering that one day I'll meet the woman who would say the same words with me just at the same time and then we would laugh at the coincident.

Why did you make me wait for so long Kuhoo?

"Mahil? Bhalla is asking whether you would like a cheese burst or a thin crust," She clicked her fingers in front of my face.

"Huh?" I blinked.

Rahul chortled at my reaction. God knew what was going on inside this man's head. He had been giving me those knowing glances all the time after that dance.

"Cheese burst?" We both looked at each other at the same time, again.

"Damn," I muttered before joining her as she chuckled.

"Fine then, two cheese bursts. I'll have a thin crust. What do you want, babe?" Rahul looked at his fiancée who seemed skeptical.

"Salad and diet coke," She answered after contemplating for a while.

"How many times have I told you not to do this to yourself? Kuhoo had a reason, but what about you skipping lunch today?" He snapped.

"And how many times have I told you I want to look the best on our wedding day?" She retorted.

"Guys," Kuhoo tried to interfere but the couple was too involved in their argument to listen her peace talk.

"You are eating with us and that's final," Rahul said.

"Don't order me," Ms. Khurana glared at him. The quarrel was escalating faster than we thought. Kuhoo tried but they were not paying any heed to her attempts.

"Ahemm," Clearing my throat, I announced, "I would like a salad and a diet coke, too."

"See, even Mahil agrees with me," Riya walked to my side.

"Don't Mr. Malhotra. The yesterday she fainted due to hypoglycemia. This woman needs to eat something. Why don't you understand Riya? Its unhealthy." Rahul tried to reason.

"It's the other way around, Rahul. You don't understand me. I can't look fat on my own wedding day. Being a dancer he needs to pay attention to what he eats, unlike you. Thanks for supporting me, Mahil." Ms. Khurana nodded.