15

Brittany's P.O.V.

I ended up ordering for Jo. 

She closed the menu book when I laughed at her face, I didn't mean to offend her, I apologized to her and told her that I really find it funny. She dismissed me by waving her hand.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I started as she was looking away still infuriated. I got her attention and looked at me with a straight face.

"Is this...Um, Are you... Why, Brittany?" I frowned at her not knowing what she was trying to say.

"Why do you want me to be your girlfriend? What is this?" She has a serious look on her face.

"Didn't you ask me that yesterday, Jo?" Whenever I ask this myself, I don't even get an answer. I don't know why, I just want her to be my girlfriend. Why does she need to ask me that over and over again?

"I know I did, I just... I don't understand why..."

I sighed. "I will be honest with you, okay?" I cut her off. "When I told you yesterday that I want you to be my girlfriend, I... I didn't know also why. I just, I want you to be, okay?"

When she didn't say anything, I continued.

"And when I kissed you, it just made it easy for me to be sure that I definitely want you to be my girlfriend. And, you kissed me back, I assumed you'd want me to be your girlfriend too..."

I watched how her face changed because of what I said. It was like she was embarrassed because she just gotten caught.

"No, I did not..."

"I said, I assumed. I didn't say I was sure." I cut her off before she raised her voice.

Jo was just staring at me with her doe brown eyes. The more I look at her the more I find her really pretty.

No, the word pretty doesn't even give justice to how captivating her looks are and she doesn't even know it.

I think the fact that she doesn't know it, makes her even more striking.

Her brown hair is naturally wavy, every time she walks, it sways with her. The only time she ponies it up is during practice. And I like it like that, I could see her exposed neck, I wonder what it tastes like.

"Stop staring at me!" She hissed at me. 

I smiled at her.

"So, can we drop it now? You asking me why I want you to be mine?" She nodded at me.

When the waiter brought our refreshments, she looked at her wristwatch again. I saw her looking at it from the car, then when we seated, and now again.

"Do you have anywhere else to be, Jo?" I can't help but ask. I know she doesn't have practice today, I might have asked someone about the schedules of practices at school so I know she has nothing this afternoon, so why does she keep looking at her watch?

"Yes." She said plainly.

"Where? And with whom?" Her brows raised at the sudden rise of my voice. Thinking that she's going somewhere after our lunch exasperates me, and thinking she'll be with somebody else irritates the hell out of me.

Her lips formed a small smile, she looks so beautiful.

"I have a job, I'm not rich like you, Brittany." She confessed.

I stared at her in awe. I figured she was not well off but I didn't think that she'd be a working student.

Jo was really something.