40

Brittany's P.O.V.

That hurts!

Her palm left a stinging pain on my cheek. 

But even though she slapped me, I still found myself calling out her name.

The kids around me saw what happened and surprisingly, I didn't care.

"Hey, are you okay?" Hailey grabbed my arm when I was about to run after Jo.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I'll talk to you later." My attempt to go once again failed as Hailey held onto my arm tightly.

"Where are you going? And why did she slap you?" Her wondering eyes fixated on me.

"She's my girlfriend, Hailey. I need to speak to her so please, I'll talk to you later, okay?" I removed her hand from my arm and ran after Jo, ignoring her shocked face.

I reached the parking area and scanned it, but she was not there. I ran to the gate and looked around, no sign of Jo.

Maybe she went home.

I was about to turn to go back to the parking area but I realized I dropped my bag in the field and my key was there.

Dammit!

I ran back to the field and there was my bag, there were not much of people there now, even Hailey was not there anymore.

Great.

 "If you're just gonna hurt her, just fucking leave her!" I heard someone speak from behind me when I was reaching for my bag.

I was not wrong to think that it was Rachel.

"What the fuck did you just say?" I was fuming with anger.

"She was crying in the morning, she wouldn't tell me but I know it was because of you! You are no good to Jo, Anderson! She doesn't deserve someone like you and you definitely don't deserve her!" Rachel's voice is full of bitterness. I didn't care about the rest of what she said, the thing stuck in me was she was crying.

The anger I was feeling suddenly disappeared. 

Jo was crying.

"What happened to her? Why was she crying?" I asked her.

"You, Anderson! You happened to her. If you want her to be happy, leave her alone!" I watched Rachel walk away from me, I didn't dare to ask more but I kept thinking why would she be crying?

Did her Mom come into the school and make a scene? 

She was off this morning and I tried to ask her about it but she didn't say. 

Did I do something wrong?

I mean, after that amazing night, I was looking forward to this relationship being real and not just an agreement. I was actually planning on asking her for us to be 'official', you know. I can't live now knowing that whatever we have is gonna end sometime.

Maybe I should've pushed her this morning to tell me what was bothering her. It's just that, I wanted to give her space and not suffocate her.

It was not like me but ever since Jo, I think I have changed. The way I think, the way I feel, even the way I treat other people, I mean, I smiled at our maids and learned how to clean after myself. That's a freaking big deal!

I walked to the parking area with that in mind and hoped Jo would be home. I thought of calling her but I knew she wouldn't answer any of my calls.

I don't know what's going through her mind right now, why was she crying, and if it is about me, I just wished she talked to me about it.