45

Brittany's P.O.V.

The whole period, Jo was so focused on the lesson. While I stayed alert.

Alert, in case Jo would throw me a look.

Also alert because I knew and I could feel Gizelle was watching me the whole hour.

"Can we have lunch?" I told Jo as soon as the bell rang.

"Rain check?" She said while she gathered her stuff.

"You have something to do?"

"Umm, yeah, Reese asked for my help on one of the homework she missed last week." She looked at me, her face didn't hold any emotion.

"Ohh, okay. Then, I'll see you at practice? I'll wait for you then take you home."

Jo just nodded at me and left the room with Reese.

"Ready to spill?" I heard Gizelle say after they left.

"What?" I said irritable.

"What's going on, Brit? Are you seriously in love with that girl?"

I looked at her before looking at Corinne and Mina.

"What the hell are you talking about?" My jaw clenched and hardened my feature, making sure I had my bitchy facade.

They can't know the truth. They will think of me less.

"Didn't we talk about this before? It's a pretend, Gizelle! For that Thompson to fall for me then I'll leave her hanging and ruined. I thought we established this already!" I grabbed my stuff and walked away.

I felt them all following, Gizelle catching up to me.

"Great, then! Because Hailey wants you back. She asked me about Thompson and told her she has nothing to worry about that trash." Gizelle has her coy smile.

I tried so hard not to punch her face when she called Jo trash.

"You're gonna get back together, right? I don't see any reason why not." She continued.

"And what do you want me to do with Thompson? She's not hooked yet, I can't leave her now, I'm not done with her yet."

Honestly, saying those words made my stomach flip, but I had to.

"Oh well, plan it with Hailey. I'm sure she'll get aboard if you guys date in secret. Though I doubt you'll see Thompson in places we go, I mean, did you see that rug she's wearing today?" 

The 3 girls laughed as I clenched my fist. I wonder how it feels to throw a punch in Gizelle's mouth.

"Oh, there's Hailey." I heard Mina say.

Hailey was at the corner of the cafeteria, waving at us.

"Hey, girl!" I heard them greet each other.

I looked around and scanned the area, Jo and Reese were not here.

"Hi, Boo."

"Hey." I sat beside Hailey.

"What are you doing today? Are you gonna watch practice?"

"Uh-hum..."

"Great! Let's hang out till then."

The girls got us some food, I ate and participated in the conversation but my mind was wandering about Jo.

After lunch, Gizelle and the others left, leaving me with Hailey.

"So, I heard what you're doing with that Jo girl. To be honest, when you told me before that she was your girlfriend, I couldn't believe it. I mean, I know your type, even though we were apart for a long time, I heard things from your girls from time to time."