37

Monday morning came and I was already feeling blue.

I texted Brittany the night I came home from Reese's but it took her 2 hours to reply back.

I know, I shouldn't be this clingy or needy or whatever, but after the conversation I had with Reese, I just felt like, I needed some kind of validation from Brittany that everything she has shown me so far is real.

Hey, sorry, an old friend passed by this evening and we went out for dinner, I'll text you later. Was the reply I got from her.

Then I waited and waited but till I fell asleep, I did not hear from her.

When I woke up this morning, there was one text from her that she would pick me up and we'd go to school together, the text came at 11:30 last night.

Should I be mad at her? I mean, I'm her girlfriend, right? Shouldn't I feel mad about last night?

"Ugghhhh!" I groaned. I had my back leaning on the concrete wall in front of my house waiting for her.

But even with that, I was still excited to see her and when her car came into view,  a small smile painted on my lips.

"Good morning, Sunshine!" She greeted me as soon as I opened the passenger door.

"Good morning!" As soon as I sat, Brittany grabbed the back of my head and pulled me in for a kiss.

"I missed you." She whispered before letting me go and drove off.

It warms my heart but at the same time, it worries me. She misses me but she texted me only once last night.

"Hey, you okay?" She briefly looked at my side. "You're frowning."

"I'm fine." I said plainly.

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

My insides are still debating if I should tell her that I waited for her text last night and when she did, it was late and I was already asleep.

If I tell her that, what would her reaction be? It scares me to think that she would react negatively and then we would fight and it would end badly. I don't want that to happen.

 So I kept quiet.

Till we reached the school, I didn't speak of anything.

"Hi, Brit." The redhead greeted her as soon as she came down the car, and when she saw me, her face became sour.

"Oh, you're with some outsider." She said giving me a head-to-toe look.

"Don't talk to her like that, Gizelle!" Brittany hissed at her, which seemed to scare the redhead but she recovered quickly. 

She whispered something to Brittany while looking at me, when Brittany pulled herself away from her, she looked puzzled and then eventually nodded at her.

"Come on, Jo." She told me and took my hand with hers.

We left the redhead behind but she was still staring at me, suspiciously, I may add, then gave that annoying smirk she always does.

"Don't mind her. She's still opposed to you being my girlfriend." Brittany said trying to get my attention back. I just nodded at her in response.

"What's into you? You've been quiet, is something wrong? Did your Mom come home last night and bother you?" She pulled my hand and we stopped in the middle of the parking lot.

"What? No." I told her and pulled her to continue walking but she didn't even move an inch.

"Then, what's wrong? I know something is bothering you."