44

Brittany's P.O.V.

It's been five minutes I was waiting here in front of Jo's house.

Last night was emotional? I guess.

I didn't have much sleep knowing I hurt Jo's feelings unintentionally.

But I have to admit, Hailey's comeback really affected me. It's been long I didn't see her and I was really excited when she asked me to come meet her. I just didn't think it would affect also the relationship I was trying to build with Jo.

I still want to break that agreement we had and make this official but I'm not sure if she feels the same.

I mean, yes, I could feel that she has feelings for me, but I told her I loved her and she didn't even respond to that and it hurt me a little bit.

"Hey, sorry." 

I didn't notice Jo's arrival till she opened the passenger door.

She threw her backpack in the backseat and fastened her seatbelt.

"Brit?" 

"Oh, Oh, yeah. Hi, good morning." I greeted her.

"You okay?" Her brows furrowed.

"Yes, yes, just a bit sleepy." I reasoned.

I started the car and drove off.

The silence was awkward for me, I suddenly didn't know how to start a conversation with her. It's like I'm scared to open a topic that even if I wanted to talk to her so bad, I'd prefer not to as not to say something that would ruin both our days.

As we reached the parking area of the school, we were greeted by Hailey and my girls. They seemed to be waiting for me.

I looked at Jo's side and immediately noticed her uneasiness.

I grabbed her bag from the back seat and handed it to her before both of us opened our doors at the same time.

"Hi, Boo. You're almost late." Hailey kissed me on the cheek.

I looked at her just for one second and diverted to Gizelle.

Something is up, I can tell from Gizelle's face.

When I looked on the other side, Jo's back was already facing me while she walked towards the classrooms.

I wanted to call on her but I knew she was just gonna ignore me.

I grabbed my bag from the car and without saying anything, I left and ran after Jo.

I could still hear the girls calling me but I didn't care and continued running.

I was able to catch Jo at the locker room hall.

"Hey!" 

"Oh, hey. Why are you here?" She took some of her books and closed the locker door and didn't even look at me.

"What do you mean?" It hurts, really.

"Hailey and your minions were clearly waiting for you, why did you leave them?" And she started walking.

"I- I came here with you and I'm hoping that we can go together to our first class."

"Oh."

I followed her pace as she continued to walk, not throwing me even a single look.

For the first time, I felt my gut sink, my chest seemed to be out of air and my eyes grew hot.

The fuck?

I shook whatever I was feeling as we approached our classroom. All eyes were on us and I could not be seen crying or even teary-eyed. 

I lifted my chin up and looked at everybody's eyes to intimidate them, it always worked as they always kept their head down every time my eyes would look their way.