16

Jo's P.O.V.

Why did I do that? I had asked myself a thousand times already this.

When I got out of Brittany's car, I tried so hard not to look back and see her reaction and instead, I walk fast inside the store.

It's been an hour now since she dropped me off and it's been an hour now that I was questioning myself. I was even making mistakes with the orders of the customers that one of my co-crew had to step in to do my job for me.

"You're lucky Ms. Jordan is not here yet, Jo. What is happening to you?" It was Kevin. 

I can say that we are close but not too much that I will be ready to confide with him. We are close in the sense, whenever we are on duty together, we get along well. We joke with each other, laugh along, and most importantly, we cover each other's asses especially if Ms. Jordan, our manager is here at the store and watching us like a hawk.

She doesn't like me very much, why, I have no idea. She will always look for a hole to fire me, watching if I will make mistakes.

So yes, I was lucky she was not here yet. I have to pull myself together before she comes or else, I'll be looking for another job this weekend.

I excused myself and went to the bathroom. I splash some water on my face, shook my head multiple times trying for Brittany's image to fall from my head.

When I think I was okay, I went out and continue my work.

"Seriously, Jo. You seem not yourself today, something happened at school?" When we finish all orders, both of us leaned our backs on the counter facing the door.

"No, nothing. I'm just not feeling well, I guess." I lied.

He seems to buy it and didn't ask any more questions. 

We continued our conversation about random stuff about school, he is also a working student though in a different school. 

We finished our shift smoothly and I succeed in forgetting about Brittany and the kiss I gave her earlier.

I look at my wristwatch, it's 06:15 in the evening. I already changed my clothes and now just waiting for Kevin in the staff room.

We always go together as his house is just close to mine, we will pass mine first then 2 blocks he'll reach his.

"You ready?" He asked me while he wears his bag on his back.

I nodded at him and walk by his side till we reach outside. We were both laughing when an angry Brittany shows up in front of us. I didn't even see where she came from.

When I stopped walking, so did Kevin. His eyes were looking at both of us alternately, confusion is written all over his face while I myself was shocked as to why Brittany was here.

"I was waiting here for almost 20 minutes." Brittany said with a firm voice. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked her when I recover.

"I told you I will pick you up, didn't I?" Her arms were crossed against her chest and her eyes were focused on Kevin. She was again on her bitch face and I know Kevin must feel uncomfortable with her staring at him.

"See you on Saturday, Kev." I pushed him away from us and when he hesitated, I gave him a look and tried to mumble something. He seems to get it and walk away from us.

"I didn't think you would really pick me up." I told her while I walk past her. The parking is almost empty so it was not difficult to find her car.

"Who is that?" Brittany grabs my arm and forcefully turns me to face her.