31

Jo's P.O.V.

"No!" I shouted almost immediately when I heard Brittany speak.

"Jo?" A sense of wonder could be heard in her tone as she called on me.

I act hurriedly, I grab Brittany's hand and pull her out of the house while my Mom keeps on calling my name and even follows us outside.

I opened the driver seat and forced Brittany to go inside.

"Start the car!" Then I turned around to go to the passenger seat. Before I completely got in, I looked at my Mom who was at our door glaring at me, like there was fire coming out of her eyes.

"Go!" I told Brittany.

She drove off without asking though I could see from her face that she was terrified and confused.

I mean, of course, she is. 

One minute she thought my Mom was all sweet and the best Mom of the year and the next, I grabbed her and ran away from her.

I'm sure she has a million questions right now but I am so glad that she kept her silence.

In no time, we reached her house. She parked the car but no one seemed to want to move.

In my peripheral vision, I could see that Brittany was looking at my side. After a while, I felt her hand move to touch mine that was on top of my lap.

 With a simple touch, all the heaviness in my chest crumpled up. I removed my seatbelt and immediately turned to Brittany and seek for comfort.

In her chest, I cried. In her embrace, I shivered.

I cried all my anger, my pain, my suffering.

In Brittany's chest, I found my safety, my comfort. In her chest, I felt the peace that I'd longed for.

She was caressing my back while she imprisoned me in her arms. She didn't utter a single word, instead, repeatedly kissed the top of my head, silently assuring me that I was safe with her and that not even my Mom could hurt me, and she doesn't even know the whole story yet.

Should I tell her?

Should I tell her my ever-darkest secret?

"Everything's gonna be okay, Babe. I'm here." I heard her whisper.

As I stopped crying, I freed myself a little bit from her embrace but I could feel that she didn't want to let me go.

Worries were written across her face, the confusion and terror were no longer there.

"I'm here, Jo." She repeated and reached for my hands.

I wanted to cry again because of the gesture but I stopped myself.

We both got out of the car and her hands didn't leave my body, She was worried as I didn't stop shivering.

Two of the maids saw me in my condition but didn't say anything. Brittany handed them my stuff and we proceeded to go in her room upstairs.

We went straight to the bathroom, She drew a bath while I sat on the small stool.

"Stand up and raise your hand." She commanded me and I obeyed without asking questions.

She lifted my shirt, removing it. She undid my bra next but her eyes were not leaving mine.

"Is it okay?" She asked me when she reached for the garter of my jogger pants. I nodded and she removed them.

Her face leveled to my groin, She lifted her face and met my eyes again, silently asking for permission to remove the last fabric in my body.

I nodded at her.