22

Jo's P.O.V.

I can't believe I'm hearing all these from Brittany. If I will take everything she said to heart, it was like she was confessing her feeling to me indirectly.

For her whole speech, I was just looking at her, listening, not even wanting to interrupt her because I was liking everything she was saying.

"Jo?" She called on me when I did not respond.

"I feel the same way, Brit." I told her sincerely.

I saw how her eyes lit up when she heard what I said.

"I was questioning myself too ever since I kissed you back on the first day you asked me to be your girlfriend. Why I kissed you when you drop me home, why I was feeling excited to see you this morning, why it bothers me thinking that you didn't want to spend time with me this morning. I am feeling the same way, Brittany. I don't like it because we're so different, you are Brittany Anderson for god's sake, and who am I? I'm a nobody..."

"You're not a nobody!" She cut me off.

"Ohh you shush, we both know I'm a nobody in this school. But anyways, it's what I'm feeling so..." Brittany reached for my hand again. She put hers on top of mine.

I lift my gaze to meet her eyes. She's smiling at me, the smile that reaches up to her eyes and it just warms my heart.

She leaned over to my side to whisper in my ear.

"The kids here are all looking at us, you know. How about we eat and we go back to our spot and make out?"

My hand flew to her arm, slapping it. She burst out laughing and I laugh along with her. 

When I looked around, Brittany was right, everybody was looking at us. Probably wondering why we were eating together and now, laughing together.

I shrugged my shoulder and joined Brittany eating our lunch. 

We ended up sharing her sandwich.

"I'll watch you practice, wait and drop you home, I hope that's okay for you?" She asked me after a while.

We were almost done eating.

"I would love that." I watched as her smile grew wider.

"You know what I would love?" She took the last bite of her sandwich.

I raised my brows and waited for her to speak again.

"I would love it if I would be able to kiss you in public, let the people know that you're mine so that they would butt out and not flirt with you."

"Are you talking about Rachel?" I asked her suspiciously.

"Yes, and the others that would try to attempt too." 

"Rachel is a friend, Brit. She's cool and I really like her to be my friend. I don't feel whatever I am feeling for you towards her." 

"Really?" Brittany suddenly looked like she was back to being a kid by the way she acts around me.

"Really!" I told her pinching her arm.

"But still, can I kiss you in public?" 

I didn't answer her but leaned over to kiss her on the cheek. I could hear the gasps around us but surprisingly, I didn't care. My focus was on the girl beside me who was now flustered and a tinge of red was visible on her face.

She's blushing. I think it was the cutest I've seen so far.

"Like that?" I teased her.

She pressed her lips together, probably shy to answer me.