47

Jo's P.O.V.

"Oh, Jo..." I heard Reese say as she held me.

The only thing you can hear in the four corners of her room are my sniffles.

She just lets me cry and let me have the silence for my peace of mind.

She was just holding me while she caressed gently my back, silently telling me that she was here for me no matter what.

And I appreciated that.

After a while, Reese speaks.

"What's our plan?" 

I smiled hearing her question, including herself with my problem.

I fixed myself as she handed me another tissue.

"I don't know, Reese. I was trying to avoid her as much as I could, but she was everywhere." I said.

"I'm sorry, Jo."

I looked at Reese, wondering why she was apologizing.

"What for?" I asked.

"It's my fault. You wouldn't have agreed to be Brittany's girlfriend if it wasn't for me. I acted such a baby and couldn't handle a little teasing from those girls, I'm so sorry, Jo." Staring at Reese's teary eyes made me feel guilty for opening up to her.

"Stop, ok? It's not your fault. This is me. I couldn't control my feelings, I put myself in this situation, not you. Remember that, ok?"

I was glad that her parents were not here at their house, they had to visit a friend or something so we ended up talking for a few more hours.

We had grilled cheese for dinner.

Reese wanted me to sleepover but I rather be alone in my bed tonight.

She insisted on taking me home so I wouldn't have to walk which I agreed as it was late.

We were approaching my house when we saw Brittany's car parked out front while she was leaning her back on it.

She was already looking at us but I couldn't read her expression as it was a bit dark.

"You want me to come with you?" Reese asked once she stopped the car.

"It's fine, thank you. I'll see you on Monday." I hugged her before I climbed down from her car.

I waved at her before I walked toward Brittany.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, steadying my voice.

"You'd know if you checked your damn phone, Jo!" It's been a long time since the last time I heard her scold me. Her electric blue eyes were furious.

"I've been here over an hour, waiting for you, worrying for you. And just for one second, you couldn't check your phone?" She continued.

"Brittany..."

"I was... worried, Jo." Her voice cracked. "I didn't know where you were. I went to the burger shop, you weren't there anymore. I didn't have Reese's number, I didn't know who to call. I was worried sick. I've been calling your phone, texting you but you were not answering. I'm sorry if I yelled at you, I just... I was worried sick." 

I stayed silent.

When I heard her voice almost crying, I had to stop myself from running to her and give her a hug.

After the call I made to her after my shift, I silenced my phone and kept it in my bag. I didn't think she would call me or text me because I knew she was with Hailey.