50

Jo's P.OV.

"Say that again." Brittany commanded me. Our foreheads rested on each other as we tried to catch our breath.

"I love you." I told her, a small smile painted on my lips.

"Again."

"I love you, Brittany."

"Again."

"I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you..." I repeated happily as she cupped my face and kissed me again.

"Let's go out and have lunch." Brittany said after a while.

"I can't go outside the school, soon practice will start and I don't want to be late." 

"Oh, right. Let's go to the cafeteria then."

With our fingers intertwined, we walk together to the cafeteria.

Telling Brittany how I feel, feels wonderful. I was actually regretting not telling her right away.

She ordered for both of us while I waited at the table.

I scanned the room looking for her minions and Hailey and I was glad not seeing them here.

"Here you go." Brittany handed me my food.

"Thank you." I uttered.

"So, listen, I was thinking, I mean, I have been thinking of making us official for long now and well... If you want to, I mean..."

"Yes, Brit. I would love that." I cut her off. I figured she needed help as she started stuttering.

"Yeah?" Her smile was from ear to ear and a tinge of red can be seen from her cheeks.

"You look cute." I couldn't help but say it.

She bowed her head down still smiling.

"Umm, actually, I have something I want to say or ask you maybe." I said.

"Yeah, okay. Tell me."

"Well, you were right. I was jealous of Hailey. I mean, I see you both sometimes with you walking her to her class, you guys were holding hands and you're probably going out after class. I just... I  have to ask, is there still going on between you two?"

Brittany's face suddenly became pale. I didn't want to read too much into her reaction as I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.

She's probably surprised or shocked that I see them both together.

It took her a minute before she responded. She took my hand in her.

"I'll admit to you, she wanted me back but I don't. I love you, Jo. The reason we were together is because of my girls, they are friends with Hailey too. That day when you heard her when I was at the mall, we were not alone, my girls were there too. And Jo, you have nothing to worry about her, okay? I love you. And if it means so much to you, I'll avoid her, I'll..."

"I didn't say you avoid her, Brit. I just asked okay. To be honest with you, I didn't want to tell you how I feel about you because of her. I was worried that you'd end up hurting me, also the factor that you're you and well, I'm just me. I feel that Hailey is better suited for you, you know?"

Brittany started shaking her head.

"You're better suited for me, Jo, nobody else." She squeezed my hand. "I'm sorry if I made you feel otherwise."

We finished our lunch talking about us, what it could've been if we were just honest with each other, stuff like that.

Things we missed when we were not together and promised we would make up for that.