39

Rachel was right!

Arcade games are fun! I get to hammer something, punch a punching bag, throw a ball. It was like all my frustrations magically disappeared and all I could think about was the game in front of me.

I was enjoying too much that I completely lost track of time. If it was not because of Rachel reminding me to have lunch, I wouldn't have stopped.

"What did I tell you?" Rachel put down the tray of food she ordered on our table. We are at the food court just outside the arcade room.

I smiled at her, the kind of smile that reached up to my eyes.

"I know. Thank you, it was really fun!" I told her, excitement still in my voice.

"Do you want to ditch practice?" She said in between spoonfuls of food. " We can play again, you know you want to!" She teases me.

"What, no! Coach will be soooo mad." I told her chuckling.

"Alright, then let's do this again some other time."

"Deal!" 

We both laughed at how fast I answered her.

We approached the parking area of the school grounds just 10 minutes before the practice starts, so imagine how we ran to our lockers, to the bathroom, changed, and ran to the field. We didn't even have the chance to go to the cubicles but just changed inside the girls' bathroom, but I didn't see anything, I swear!

"Where the hell have you two been? We've been texting you, calling you and both of you were not answering!!!" 

Oh boy, our coach is fuming with anger.

"It's my fault coach, we uhm, we got stuck somewhere." Rachel taking the blame for both of us.

Our coach hates late and tardiness, discipline is the number one trait she wants us to have as players. And for the years I've been playing, this is the only time I got late.

Rachel and I looked at each other not knowing if we should laugh, smile, or shrug everything off.

"This is Hailey Price, your new teammate, she's your middle blocker. Because you two were late, I have to introduce her twice!" Coach turned her back, annoyance was so visible on her face.

As soon as my eyes set on Hailey, I checked the bleachers looking for one familiar face. And I was not mistaken, Brittany was there along with her minions.

She has her bitchy face on looking at me.

Of course, she's here to watch Hailey.

Thinking about that, I felt what was like a million needles poking my chest.

I turned my face to see Rachel and Hailey being acquainted.

"This is Jo." Rachel introduced me to her.

"Oh, yeah I know, I met her on the first hour. Hi again, Jo."

"H-Hello." I forced myself to smile at her and shook her hand.

"You okay?" Rachel came behind me as we cued in for warm-up, her hand caressing my back gently.

"Yeah." I looked up again at the bleachers where Brittany was now standing shooting knife at us by just using her eyes.

Seriously, this girl could kill someone by just looking at them.

I know she saw how Rachel was with me and surprisingly, I didn't care.

She's jealous? Is she effing kidding me?

I proceeded with the warm-up and practice without looking again at Brittany.