Chapter 1: The Voice in Your Head

It all started when you were sixteen.

The sun had set in Gale Crater, and the two moons, Phobos and Deimos, were shown brightly in the night sky.

You had just taken a shower and were ready for bed. Once you got under the covers, you closed your eyes and started to doze off. You had just fallen asleep when a man's voice suddenly spoke in your head.

It's time to come back to Earth.

You immediately opened your eyes. "Earth? What is that?" you wondered. You had no idea what that place was. Was it another crater? You decided to ignore it.

However, every night you went to sleep, the same voice continued the same sentence in your head.

It's time to come back to Earth

A week after it started, you went to ask your mother, Yoona, about "Earth." She was a famous scientist, so she had to know what the place was.

It was rare for Yoona to be home for a night since she was always working. You didn't mind staying at home by yourself anyways.

Both of you were eating dinner when you spoke. "Hey, Mom, I have a question." "What is it?" Yoona asked, reading something on her phone and barely paying attention.

"What is 'Earth?'"

Yoona made a gasping noise, dropping her phone onto her plate. She slowly looked up at you, and you began to wonder if there was something wrong with the question you asked. 

"Y/n," Yoona said, placing her hands flat on the table and slightly smiling, which scared you. "How do you know about Earth?"

"Wait, is Earth a real place?"

"I asked you a question."

"W-well, there's a voice in my head; it's telling me to go back to Earth. Since you're a scientist, I wondered if you knew that place."

"How long has that voice been talking to you?"

"Um, for about a week now."

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

From that point, Yoona places you in therapy to get "that voice out of your head." Of course, it didn't work, but you continued to go (since Yoona made you). You also had to take pills to lessen the "hallucinations." That didn't work as well.

You were lying on the couch in your therapist's office, ready to leave. You didn't have a problem with Mr. Kim at all, but you just hated the therapy.

"So, the hallucinations are still present," said Mr. Kim. "And they haven't lessened at all?" "Right, sir." you replied, "I feel like they won't go away until I know what Earth is."

"We already explained that Earth is just a made-up world in your mind; it doesn't exist."

But I know it exists; that person wouldn't be talking to me if it didn't.

Mr. Kim closed his folder. "Well, all I'm going to tell you is to continue taking your meds. Hopefully, we'll see improvements by the next session."

"Okay, sir." you nodded, standing up from the couch. "Thank you, Y/n, have a good day."

"You too."

You walked out of the office, expecting to see one of the Chois for your ride home, but you were surprised to see your mother.

Yoona saw the look on your face and said, "I'm off for the rest of the week, but I'll have to travel to Chryse Planitia Crater on Sunday. Go ahead and go to the car."

"Yes, ma'am," you said, walking outside. Once she saw you in the car, Yoona went to the front desk, where Mr. Kim was. "Any improvements?" she asked.

The therapist shook his head. "The meds don't seem to be working; Y/n's still having hallucinations. I'm thinking about switching to stronger meds, but it depends."

"Thank you, sir," said Yoona. "You're welcome, Ms. Im."

This situation wasn't good for Yoona. She desperately wanted to get that voice out of your head; she wanted you to stop thinking about that place. The place that's forbidden to talk about.

The woman was going to keep on trying, no matter to consequences of the choices.

—————
I'm making this story up as I go, but I have some notes down.
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!