Chapter 4: Splitting Headaches

When you woke up, your arms still clutched onto the book you found last night. All the images from the book appeared in your head, and you smiled.

It's time to come back to Earth.

Right after the voice spoke in your head, a splitting headache occurred. It made you tear up, so you closed your eyes and placed your face on your pillow. After ten seconds, the headache went away.

It's been a while since the voice spoke in your head, but this was the first time a headache occurred afterward.

"Maybe I should get back to taking my medicine." you said." you wondered.

When you first started therapy, you received pills to take. But on some days, you would slack off and not take them. You wouldn't realize it until Yoona commented on having too many pills left in the bottle.

You placed the book on your bed and walked to your bathroom. You opened the cabinet where you kept the towels and grabbed the medicine. You kept it there for a reason.

The size of the pills always made you scared, which was about an inch. You grabbed a small cup and filled it with water. Then you placed the medicine in your mouth and drank the water, swallowing the pill.

You looked over to your room and saw the book sitting on the bed. You sighed, remembering the pictures from last night. If someone else, like your mom, found out that you had the book, you couldn't imagine what would come afterward.

That's why you knew who to show the book to.

Yeonjun closed the door to his room while you shut the curtains.

"What's so important that you have to show me secretly?" the boy asked me. "It makes me feel uncomfortable a little bit." "It's nothing like that, Yeonjun! Stop thinking weirdly."

You and Yeonjun sat on his bed. You reached into your tote bag and pulled out the book, handing it to the boy. Yeonjun eyed it, confused. "What's this?"

"Open the book."

Yeonjun did and became mesmerized soon afterward. You laughed at his expressions as he continued flipping through the pages. He stopped halfway and looked back at you. "What is this?"

"I found it early this morning on the stairs that lead to my basement. I feel like it's connected to something with the voice in my head."

Right when you said that, the voice said in your head spoke the same sentence, following the splitting headache.

"Y/n, are you okay?" your friend asked, touching your shoulder.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, Yeonjun." you smiled, trying to make him worry less. "Are you having headaches? When did they start?"

"To answer your question, yes. And the headaches started after I found the book."

"Do you think it means you're one step closer to solving your mystery?"

You fell back onto the bed. "Maybe."

Yeonjun fell back on the bed as well. You two looked up at the ceiling, which glowed with the dark stars. It was one of the reasons you liked coming to Yeonjun's room.

"Has anyone else found out about the book besides you and me?"

You shook your head. "I think this belongs to my mom, but besides you and me, no one else knows about this book."

"It would be dangerous if it got into the wrong hands."

"Right."

—————
Sorry I didn't publish last week, I was busy :/
And the action starts happening next chapter :D
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!