Chapter 10: Tea

"I can't believe Minsu got left off the train! How are we supposed to find our way around now?" you cried.

"We have no choice but to keep going," Yeonjun explained. "That's what my dad would've wanted us to do. Plus, we have the map."

You nodded in agreement, but you still felt the same. The only guide that you could trust wasn't traveling with you. What would be the point of this trip if you didn't know where to start? But Yeonjun was right; the map was a big help.

Soon, night reigned over, and all but one light was off in the train car. Yeonjun was asleep on the seat across from you. You tried to do the same, but you couldn't. After a few minutes, you got up and decided to explore.

Other than yours and the conductor's car, there were four train cars. As you walked through the train, you saw very few people. They were all asleep.

Across the hall, you saw someone coming out from another car. You waved your hand to get their attention, not wanting to shout out loud.

The person saw you and waved, smiling. He made his way towards you. "Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" he asked.

"I couldn't fall asleep," you replied. "I'm Y/n. What's your name?"

"Hm, you can just call me 'Conductor.' I'm the one controlling this thing, after all." So this was the train conductor you were talking to. Pretty cool.

"You said you had trouble falling asleep? You can have this." The conductor handed you a cup with a hot drink inside. "I brewed too much tea; maybe this will help."

You bowed. "Thank you, Conductor. I'll go back to my seat now." You waved goodnight and went back to your car.

The conductor waved until you were out of his sight. Once you were, he got out his phone to call his supervisor.

Which, of course, was Im Yoona.

"Miss Yoona, I gave her the tea. What should I do next?" the man asked. "Did the boy get the tea as well?" asked Yoona. "He was asleep last time I checked, so yes."

As he continued to talk to Yoona, he was making his way to the last car of the train, where you and Yeonjun were. He almost exclaimed out loud when he saw you two asleep. "Both of them are knocked out, Miss Yoona. Can I get them now?"

Little did he know that Yeonjun had been awake ever since you got up from your seat to explore. He closed his eyes when you came back, pretending to be asleep. You had just finished drinking the tea, and you yawned and pulled your blanket over your shoulders, lying down and closing your eyes.

"Early tomorrow morning? Yes, Miss Yoona." the conductor said. "They'll be out of your way forever and won't find what's on Hellas Basin."

"What do you mean by 'out of your way forever?'"

The conductor froze when he heard an unfamiliar voice. He turned his head and saw a wide-awake Yeonjun. The conductor scowled, then chuckled nervously.

"Miss Yoona, I will have to call you back. I will talk to you later." Then he hung up the phone.

"I thought you were asleep? Why are you awake?" he demanded. "Because I've been awake this whole time?" Yeonjun answered. "What are you going to do to us? What were you talking to Y/n's mom about?"

"Oh, is this girl Miss Yoona's daughter?"

"Yes, now answer my question!"

The conductor chuckled again, but it sounded more like a dark and evil laugh. "I can't believe I'll have to kill her daughter."

Then he reached behind his back and pulled out a gun. He pointed it at Y/n's temple and began to pull the trigger.

"Y/n!"

—————
Fact: Yoona ordered everyone who works for her on the bullet train to keep their names a secret. That's why the conductor told Y/n to call him "Conductor."
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!