Chapter 25: From Vision to Reality

While you and Yeonjun were flying to Earth, neither realized that a tracker was planted in the dashboard. The trackers allowed Yoona and the other scientists to follow the rockets on their screens to make a safe journey to Mars.

That's how Yoona ended up at the Seoul Compound.

Underground in her lab on Mars, the woman has a small, two-person rocket that doesn't create sound or smoke. Of course, many parts had to be updated, but Yoona disembarked on Earth a month after you and Yeonjun landed.

Hiding amongst the groups of people, Yoona kept watch on you and Yeonjun. She saw that you rose in the ranks while Yeonjun was in his farming job. Yoona waited for the right time to appear and debated who to appear in front of.

She decided it was to be Yeonjun.

Hiding her rocket at the edge of the Seoul Compound, Yoona snuck into the laboratory from an open window. She arrived inside a bedroom and realized it was Yeonjun's when she saw a jacket she recognized was his.

Thus, Yoona turned on the light and sat on the bed, beginning to wait.

Ten minutes later, there were footsteps at the end of the hallway, and soon the door was being unlocked. It swung open and revealed a surprised Yeonjun. He almost fell back at the sight of the lady.

"Y-Yoona, what are you doing here? How did you get in my room? How did you find us?" Yeonjun asked, frightened.

"Calm down, Yeonjun; I just want to talk," replied Yoona as she stood up and raised her hands in defense.

"Talk about what? You don't have a reason to be here!"

"Yeonjun, do you know where Y/n is?" 

The expression on Yeonjun's face changed drastically. It seemed as if something had bothered him when Yoona mentioned your name.

"Yeah. She's in her office, working. It's all she does now," Yeonjun said sourly.

"Please explain more," Yoona intrigued.

Yeonjun explained to Yoona the argument between you and him minutes ago. From what Yoona understood, Yeonjun wanted to bring more people from Mars to help restore Earth, but you didn't want to, believing Earth would return to its sickening state if it did.

"Yeonjun, what was your main goal for coming to Earth?" Yoona asked the teen after he finished describing his story.

"Well, it was first to accompany and help Y/n, but that's out of the way now," Yeonjun replied. "Now, my goal is to restore Earth and bring people from Mars back to their home planet so they can also help and live there."

"What if the people on Mars don't want to come back? Most had never heard of Earth and believed Mars was their only home."

"And that was part of your fault. However, I will do my best to convince them otherwise. Some may remember, and others may not. It just depends on who wants to go to Earth."

Yeonjun wondered if this was the right person to tell this to; Yoona was the one who initiated the Mars plan in the first place.

"Yes, I know the memory swipes are my fault, but you have a great suggestion, Yeonjun. I can't believe my Y/n disagreed with you," said Yoona.

"It is what it is, I guess. We have different visions now. And it's not her problem." Yeonjun shrugged. 

"What if I told you that your vision can turn into reality?"

"Wait, what?"

Yeonjun raised his eyebrows with surprise, and Yoona chuckled. "I mean, I can help you convince people to return to Earth and help out. If needed, I can give back their memories as well."

Yeonjun was suspicious of the scientist. Wasn't Yoona the same person who tried to kill you and Yeonjun to keep the existence of Earth a secret? Why did she want to help now?

It seemed as if Yoona knew what Yeonjun was thinking. "I've realized my actions were too much, and no amount of apologies can fix them. However, I can see that you are compassionate about Earth and want to help as much as possible; it's opened my eyes in a new way." 

Yoona held her hand out to the teenager. "Let's return to Mars and make everything come true."

Uncertain, Yeonjun looked into Yoona's eyes to see if she was telling the truth. Yoona had a profound expression, confusing Yeonjun. After being silent for a few more seconds, Yeonjun knew the right choice.

He moved his hand into Yoona's, and they shook with agreement. "Okay, Yoona, I will work with you."

"Wonderful!" said the scientist. "We have no time to waste. Pack a light bag; we're leaving tonight!"

"Wait, t-tonight?"

"Yes, tonight! I'm not repeating myself!"

Yoona chuckled as she watched Yeonjun grab a small duffle bag from under his bed and begin throwing in clothes from his closet. He seemed motivated and excited, just as Yoona thought he would be.

Her perfect plan was now in action.

____________________

Going back to writing in 2nd/3rd person. Nothing is wrong with 1st person, I just like these better.

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and follow!