Chapter 3: The Book

All the time, Yoona reminds you not to go into the basement. Every time you ask why, she gives you a different answer.

As you two were having dinner, Yoona explained about her next out-of-town trip. "We're going to Olympus Moons." she explained, "it's a giant inactive volcano, and it's the biggest in the solar system."

"Oh, that's cool," you said, not caring about the conversation. Yoona either talked about her trips or her trips in the future at dinner. You got used to them, but it bothered you sometimes.

"When are you leaving again?" you asked, picking at your food. "Oh, I'm leaving early morning before you wake up."

You dropped your fork onto your plate. "What? You just got back home yesterday? And what happened to the Chryse Planitia Crater trip on Sunday?"

Yoona chuckled. "I'm surprised you remembered; it'll be later."

Your mother traveled so much that she's barely at home. She only started those trips when you got to high school. "You're old enough to care for yourself now," Yoona explained. She also said that you had your "second family" next door to help, which was the Chois.

Of course, you didn't want Yoona to leave, but that was before. You had a chance to explore the forbidden basement.

"Well, have a good trip, Mom, and don't forget to get me a souvenir," you said. Yoona smiled, "of course."

It was around five AM when you woke up. You crept downstairs to your mother's room and found her already gone. You sighed with relief and started making your way toward the basement.

It was a door underneath the staircase that went to the basement. The door was unlocked, surprisingly, but there was another door at the bottom of the stairs.

You were about to close the door at the stairs when you saw something by your feet. You bent down to pick it up and saw that it was a book.

The cover showed a landscape, but it looked strange. Instead of the rocky and dusty terrain, the ground was green. Instead of the pale red sky, it was blue. And instead of blue clouds, they were white.

This image was strange, but you wanted to look at it more.

You stayed up until the sun rose, reading that book. You were amazed by all the landscapes you saw; you'd never seen anything like them.

Or have you?

For some reason, the pictures in the book seemed so familiar to you, but you couldn't put your finger on them.

You wondered why a book like this was present on those stairs in the first place. Does Yoona know more stuff than it seems? Is she hiding something from you?

You continued to wonder as you felt your eyes getting heavy. Then you dozed off, still holding the book in your hands.

—————
I really got nothing to say lol
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!