Chapter 19: Two Surprises

IM Y/N

"Y/n! Y/n, wake up!"

I felt someone moving my body, trying to get me to open my eyes. I did and saw Yeonjun staring down at me.

"Why did you wake me up so early in the morning?" I grumbled. "The sun's not even up yet!"

"I know, but I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?"

"Yeah, a surprise. Now hurry and get out of bed!"

Yeonjun grabbed my hand, but I cleared my throat, stopping him. "I can get up and walk on my own. You woke me up enough."

"R-right! Sorry!"

I slipped on my shoes and jacket and followed Yeonjun out the door. We were walking through the hallways when we stopped at the entrance that led to the barn. Yeonjun opened the door and then proceeded to open the barn doors afterward. He turned back to me, placing his finger on his lips. "Try not to be too loud, okay?"

I was about to ask why when I suddenly gasped.

It was the rocket, all fixed up and looking brand new.

The rising sun showed its rays peaking through the roof. I could catch a good glimpse of the rocket.

A ladder was leaning on the machine. The top of the ladder led to an open door. Yeonjun walked to the ladder and placed one foot on the bar. "Come look inside. I updated the interior and added new features."

I nodded and tracked behind Yeonjun up the rocket. I almost gasped again.

The inside looked somewhat bigger from my perspective, and two comfy chairs were nailed down in front of the dashboard.

There was also a satellite map. It pointed to the location of Seoul, South Korea.

"Hey, Yeonjun?" I said, pointing to the map. "Why do this place? Isn't this city on Earth? How did you do that?'

Yeonjun chuckled. "Well, if I explained how I got the map the work, you would be confused. A few weeks ago, I heard our parents mentioning Seoul. Yoona seemed the most vocal about it; she kept talking about your dad and how he made the stupid decision to stay."

"Yeah, I understand," I said. "My dad and Yoona never got along. I hope that he's still alive, though."

I felt tears streaming from my eyes. I've been crying a lot lately, which was something I hated. Yeonjun placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, Y/n, I'm pretty sure he is. From what you told me, Jihoon seems like a strong guy."

I nodded, wiping my tears. "Is it possible to leave today? I don't want to waste any more time."

"Yes, it is. I have to rearrange some wires, and the rocket will be ready to blast off."

"I'll start packing my bag. I will see you in a few."

"Same to you."

I climbed down the ladder and walked back to my room. I couldn't believe Yeonjun and I were leaving for Earth today; it felt like a fever dream. I secretly wished that Taehyun and Kai were coming with us, though. They helped us so much to where we are now.

Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Kai in a while. I have noticed Taehyun, but he walks away when I try talking to him.

Maybe something personal happened.

A few hours later, Yeonjun and I had our supplies packed. Yeonjun managed to break a hole into the roofs of the barn so the rocket could have room. He also fixed the wires, and engines were heard from the rocket.

We were climbing the ladder when someone suddenly called our names. We turned around and saw Taehyun. He had a stunned and furious expression on his face.

"Y/n, Yeonjun, what are you two doing?" he demanded.

Before Yeonjun could reply, I spoke up first. "We're flying back to Earth to find my father."

"Do you two even know how to control a rocket? Who even fixed it?"

"It was me," Yeonjun said, waving his hand from the door. "And I have it programmed to fly straight to our destination."

Taehyun sneered. "That's dangerous, you two; you're making the wrong decision."

"But Taehyun, people need to know the truth about Earth!" I said. "They need to know where we came from!"

"I would listen to Taehyun if I were you, Y/n."

I froze at that voice, and Yeonjun froze as well. The figure walked from outside and stood next to Taehyun.  "You have to listen to me, too."

"Mom."

——————————
I've been doing a lot of writing today, but I still wanted to publish this chapter for ya'll. My chills and body aches will go away after I fall asleep🥲
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and follow!