Chapter 14: The Truth About Im Yoona

The intern nervously walked to Yoona's office and lightly knocked on the door. Everyone in the lab knew Yoona was becoming angrier by the day. It was getting harder to approach her.

The scientists received news about the bullet train explosion from last night. They were overjoyed because none of Yeonjun or Y/n's remains or bodies were present. However, they knew that their boss wouldn't feel the same.
Everyone was afraid and arguing about who would tell Yoona the news, so they decided to pull straws. It so happened that the newest and youngest intern had pulled the colored straw out of the cup.

When the intern knocked, he heard a voice telling him to come in. He did as told and closed the door behind him. Yoona wasn't paying attention but writing something in her notebook. "What is it? I don't get all day," she said.

"U-um, Ms. Im, we received a report about the bullet train explosion last night." said the intern. Yoona looked up and paused what she was doing. "Well, what is it? And why are you shaking?"The intern was indeed shaking.

"I-it's just that Choi Yeonjun and Im Y/n's bodies weren't on the train. Only their belongings."The last bit of light disappeared from Yoona's eyes. "So you're telling me that they survived?"

"I g-guess so."

"You guess so?"

Yoona stood up and swiped everything off the table with her arm; items fell onto the floor. The intern shook even more. "Why aren't they dead yet? They should've died on that bullet train!"

"I-I don't know, Miss Yoona,"

"Shut up!"

Yoona plodded to the intern, and he yelped, backing into the door. She reached behind her back pocket and pulled out a gun, pointing it in the middle of the intern's head. "This is all your fault! None of you idiots know how to do your jobs! I had to kill Choi Minsu's wife because she kept asking about her husband and son's whereabouts. It's so annoying!"

Yoona pulled the trigger and shot the intern in the head. He fell to the floor, and blood was gushing from his forehead. Yoona kicked him out of the way and opened the door, walking through the hall to find her other employees.

"This train was supposed to kill those two freaks. I guess I'll have to take care of everything now."

"Wait, what?"

You and Yeonjun just learned that both of your scientist parents had worked with Taehyun himself at Hellas Basin Crater. When you spoke about your mother, Taehyun's mood became somber.

"How did my mom make you quit your job, Taehyun? Was did she do?" you asked.

"She was horrible and treated us all like dirt. I haven't told anyone how working for Yoona was, not even you, Kai."

Taehyun looked up at you and smiled, but he still wore a somber expression. "I'll tell you how Yoona became the person she is today."

Yeonjun moved out of the way as you sat by him on the bed. You were ready to listen to Taehyun and learn more about your mother's true nature. "Take your time; I know it may be hard to talk.""Thank you, Y/n."

Taehyun pulled a nearby chair and sat down. He cleared his throat and began to speak. "Okay, here goes nothing."

"Me and a small group of scientists, including Choi Minsu and Kai, worked at Hellas Basin Crater under the direction of Im Yoona. Our jobs were mainly finding ways to improve life on Mars, and I was there as a doctor and an assistant for Yoona. It was good at first, but then it gradually got worse."

"I still remember walking into my office that day to find a dead body on my lab table. Yoona stood in the corner of the room, waiting for me. She then ordered me to dissect the body. I refused, at first, not knowing the true purpose, but then Yoona pointed a knife at me. From there, I had to dissect bodies and give their brains to Yoona."

"Wait, did you say brains?" Yeonjun clamored. Taehyun nodded. "Yes, brains."

"After I dissected around thirty bodies, I finally mustered up my courage and asked Yoona why she was doing these experiments. She was glad to tell me since I was one of the two scientists she trusted the most."

"According to her, people were starting to remember our original home planet: 'Earth.' I had never heard of that place, but part of me began to believe. She had sent scientists to bring these people to Hellas Basin Crater, making them believe they'll get answers about Earth. But in reality, Yoona poisoned and killed them. I dissected them and took out their brains to help her uncover why some people remembered Earth."

So you weren't the only one that remembers your home planet. You were glad but heartbroken that people died because of it.

Taehyun continued. "Once we found out about Yoona's true intentions, we all plotted to escape Hellas Basin Crater, but somehow Yoona found out. She killed us off one at a time, and Kai was the only one to escape. The only people she kept alive were me and Choi Minsu."

"I can understand why Yoona kept him alive," Yeonjun said. "They were always working together. But why did Yoona keep you alive, Taehyun? Did she still need a dissection doctor?"

"That's part of the reason, but it was also something else. Yoona gave me an offer. I could either die or become her toy."

"Wait, become her toy?" Kai said, "You don't mean that..."

Taehyun nodded. "It's what you're thinking. It happened every night before she went home."You were disgusted. You couldn't believe that Yoona forced Taehyun to do things that made him uncomfortable. She didn't seem like the same Yoona from when you were younger.

Tears suddenly spewed from your eyes, and you began to bawl. The burdens became heavier and more difficult to withstand. You still couldn't believe that your mom was a horrible person. Yeonjun wrapped his good arm around you in a hug. He hated that you were starting to break down mentally. He didn't say it would be okay because he didn't know if that was true. "Can I tell them, Y/n?" he whispered to you. "They told us their story, so they need to know ours." You nodded, barely paying attention. Yeonjun began to explain everything from the beginning.

It was a good few minutes before Yeonjun finished. Once he did, Taehyun gasped. "I knew it! Earth is a real place! Y/n, Yeonjun, I will take you two to Hellas Basin tomorrow. Is that okay? We will all bring down Im Yoona together, I promise."

He watched you, waiting for an answer. You peeked up, wiping your tears. "That's fine."

—————
Why this take me more than 2 hours to write this chapter :/
Thanks for reading, and don't forget to vote and follow!