Prolouge

He is empathetic and devoted
She is cold and reserved
He hides his pain beneath the smile
She carries her demons with the courage
He describes her in his poetry
She portrays him with love
She's unnerved to be admired
But worships to be loved by him

Mira never knew that the person she was going to marry would be the future king of Chittorgarh but when she walked down the aisle and saw the groom for the first time, she couldn't trust her own eyes.

She wanted to tear down the whole world for making her life so miserable. Only one thing came to her mind throughout the whole wedding 'Everything I dreamt of went in vain. My years of hard work reached nowhere and now here I am , going to become the wife of Siddharth Singh Rajput. The future king of Chittorgarh. My life will no longer be mine, it will belong to someone else'

But if only she knew that it would be the last thing that would ever happen to her as long as Siddharth is by her side.

Though, Siddharth was known to be sarcastic and a person who don't give a fuck about anyone, his wife became an exception. His love for her surpassed all else. And if Mira had asked him to slit his own throat, he would have done so without a moment of hesitation and yet thank her for the chance to fulfill her wishes. He would have drunk poison with a smile, if that's all she wanted and yet his love would remain the same. Such was the deepness of his devotion to Mira that he would endure any sacrifices for her sake, without a question.

His love towards her shattered the walls of Mira's frozen heart and mended the broken pieces with utmost love and patience.

"My heart beats for you, Mira" Siddharth's confession roared in Mira's mind.

But after getting hatred for twenty-five years from her own family, it was unbelievable for her that someone would even fall for her. Someone who would cherish her. Mira doesn't want to believe those words. She was scared of again getting a heartbreak because she knew that if she ever gave her heart to someone else, they would just break her even more and then left her alone in this cruel world. But then why did Siddharth's words seem to have worked as a comfort, why did he start feeling like a home?

"Mira, I know that you are never going to love me back, but please let me love you. I want to cherish you always, no matter what life throws our way. You can hate me if that's the only way you can let your years of frustration out, but just know that I'll never stop loving you and no matter how many days, months or years will pass, I'll always be there for you."

Even if that would result in slicing his own heart into pieces, he would still be there for her. In every step of her life. The pain of his unrequited love screamed in his eyes, but so was his loyalty towards her.

And soon the walls Mira had built around her heart crumbled under the heavy weight of Siddharth's love. The caged emotions Mira had concealed for so long set free for the first time in her twenty-five years of life.

The respect Siddharth showed to his elders was a witness to his character, and Mira found herself admiring him more with every passing day. Siddharth's words echoed her own dreams, granting her the wings she had yearned for. He became the reason on which she wanted to rebuild her life and as Mira looked deeply into Siddharth's eyes, she saw not just a future king or a man with a ruthless nature, but a kindred soul who had seen beyond her pain and scars. His love, once seen as a prison became a home where she wanted to heal and flourish.

Their love grew stronger, forging an unbreakable bond that neither her dark past nor society's expectations could break. In his arms, she found solace, strength, and a love that was more powerful than any fear or insecurities and with tears in her eyes and a heart overflowing with emotions she never felt before, she whispered, "You didn't just mend my heart, Siddharth. You set it free to love again." And in that moment, Siddharth's universe seemed to pause, realising she finally loved him back.

And even after three years of marriage, their love for each other has only gotten stronger.

***

Hii!!!

Hope, you guys have enjoyed reading the prologue of 'Vows of Marriage'

In Vows of Marriage, there's going to be a lot of romance between Mira and Siddharth, a perfect roller coaster of emotions, amazing side characters, heartbreak, and healings from past traumas. Mentions of abuse, revenge and lust. This book even talks a lot about how the women are being treated by the society when they suffered from sexual assault or domestic abuse.

Note that there's no kind of forced touch or abusive language between Mira and Siddharth. They have been portrayed as the lovely and sweet couple who respect each other's boundaries.

Few chapters might contain highly mature scenes, so please proceed with caution.

And oh yes, a guaranteed happily ever after!!