29~ Hook, Line and Sinker

📜SIDDHARTH📜

My blood rushed with a furious fire, seething and churning like a pot about to boil over

My blood rushed with a furious fire, seething and churning like a pot about to boil over. It felt as though every vein in my body was getting smashed with anger, ready to break forth and swallow everything in its path.

My gaze remained fixed on the screen, every word that Vikram Mehra uttered only twisted the blade of wrath inside me. Each insult and manipulation he directed at Mira only stoked my rage.

"I'm going to kill him," I muttered through gritted teeth, my eyes burning holes into the monitor. I clenched my fists, my nails digging into my palms as Vikram dared to inch closer to my wife. My blood boiled even hotter, and my vision was stained crimson with rage and vengeance. I was about to burst into Mira's office and was ready to punch Vikram on his face but Mira's voice broke through the Bluetooth in my ear, halting me in my steps.

"Touch me again," she spat, her words poisoned with rage, "and you'll lose that hand."

And instantly, a smirk tugged at the corner of lips as I witnessed the fire in her eyes, a fire I had never seen before.

That's my lioness, I thought proudly.

Once Vikram and his assistant finally left, I wasted no time and quickly removed the Bluetooth earpiece and phoned Mira's number.

Despite the tumult of anger, I knew that Mira could handle herself. Still, I needed to check on her, to reassure myself that she's okay.

My hands started trembling with raw panic as she didn't pick up the phone even after three rings..

"Are you okay?" I demanded as soon as she answered, my voice tight with worry.

"I'm... sorry, Sid," she began, but I cut her off before she could dwell on apologies.

"That's not important," I interrupted, my tone courteous but aggressive. "Are you okay?"

"I... yeah, I am, but Sid-" she started, but I refused to let her talk about anything else.

"That's all I care about, Mira," I calmed her, my heart throbbing with the need to cage her in my arms. "I'll be there in 10 minutes."

I couldn't care less about what she had said in that meeting regarding me or our marriage, because the only thing that truly mattered to me was her. All I wanted was for her to be okay, nothing less and nothing more.

Without waiting for her response, I hung up and dashed out of the cafeteria and hurriedly disguised myself with a mask and a cap to avoid paparazzi. Only thinking of them swarming around me made me feel nauseated and if they were to identify me, I knew it would only complicate matters.

And just why the hell are they so obsessed with poking their nose in other people's lives?

As I raced back to her office, worry nibbled at my gut. Would she be okay? My heart hammered in my chest as I barged into her building.