13~The Wedding Night (Flashback)

Flashback>>>

📜SIDDHARTH📜

"YOU DESTROYED MY LIFE, SIDDHARTH SINGH RAJPUT," Mira yelled

"YOU DESTROYED MY LIFE, SIDDHARTH SINGH RAJPUT," Mira yelled. Tears leaked down her cheeks.

Her words pierced me like a knife through my heart and a strange sensation burned behind my eyes.

I didn't understand why she was saying that on the first night of our marriage.

"I didn't destroy anything."

Why didn't she comprehend that? Why couldn't I make her see that I'd not done anything that could annihilate her life?

"You fucking did by marrying me." The knife twisted harder and raw panic scraped at my veins.

A small sob wracked her body.

My heart cracked at the sound. It fucking killed me that I was the one causing her tears.

Her eyes revealed disgust and despair.

How could I even think of hurting her?

Our marriage took place after getting consent from both families which also includes Mira's approval then why she's behaving like this?

Deep down, I knew something was wrong between us but that didn't stop me from instinctively reaching for her and wanting to comfort her.

She shrank away before I made contact. "Don't touch me." She shivered "You don't have any right over my body."

Every syllable dragged through my already destroyed heart like a freshly honed razor blade, leaving nothing but ruins behind. Why would she think that I'll touch her in the wrong way?

"I can't do this," she said, her eyes glossy with tears.

The air went silent save for the painful sounds of our breaths.

I was drowning. Drowning in emotions I'd never felt before, in dark waters that saturated my lungs and made reaching for the surface impossible.

"Okay I won't touch you but just tell me why did you agree with this marriage?" I asked, trying to find answers to her behaviour.

"My parents forced me." Her reply made my heart clench while things started getting clear for me.

The way her parents had dismissed the idea of celebrating the engagement publically and their weird traditions that don't allow the bride to see her groom-to-be in person. Everything got evident as I started joining the dots.